Lincoln County Offensive Coordinator

With Clay Clevenger leaving the Patriots after one season to become the Head Coach at Henderson County, Lincoln County willl be without an Offensive Coordinator. The previous Offensive Coordinator, Brad Hood, left LC prior to the 2006 season to become the Head Coach at Allen County-Scottsville.

Head Coach Larry French is the Defensive Coordinator and it doesn't appear that a likely candidate is currently on staff.

I have heard rumors that former assistant coach Darren Yaden has been approached about the position. He is the Prinicpal at Highland Elementary and recently helped out with Coach French's youth camp. He played at Lincoln County from 1982-1985 and coached from 1990-2001.

Who are other possible candidates?

Larry had this happen to him several years ago when he was at Meade. Somehow I think he'll manage to find a fishing hole somewhere, think about it a bit, decide to call his own plays, and the Patriots will be just fine. I don't remember too much bothering 'ol Larry.

He knows where the fishing holes are, that's for sure. Fishin' and football's about it for Larry.......not that I blame him.

I agree. After 30+ years as a head coach, he is more than able to handle whatever needs to be done.

• 2 weeks later...

Coach French helped Coach Elkins at Berea HS back in the early 70's before my dad(John Buchanan) hired Coach French at Mercer County in 1974. These two have known each other a long time. Coach Elkin is an outstanding coach and offensive mind. Those Lincoln kids are fortunate to play for these two.