Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class of 2007--KY's Most Talented in Recent Memory??

Featured Replies

I've long thought that the class of 2007 might turn out to be one of the most talented classes in recent memory, especially in NKY!! I know this is the basketball forum, so I'll keep this to a quasi-hoops discussion. Who in the state has the most basketball kids going on to play a sport at the college level??

 

In NKY I'll nominate Bishop Brossart's All "A" State Championship team's eight seniors, who will compete at the next level as follows:

 

Troy Cooper--University of Cincinnati--Track & Field

Nathan Mutsch--Xavier University--Baseball

Jimmy Uebel--Thomas More--Basketball

Josh Kidney--Thomas More--Soccer (Hoops?)

Kyle Kramer--Thomas More--Baseball

Matt Lloyd--Thomas More--Soccer

Bryan Niemeyer--Thomas More--Golf

 

Interesting that although most of these kids certainly had/could have had basketball opportunities, all but one will compete in another sport!! And the only senior who won't be playing a college sport is Luke Rebholtz, and he has a full ride to any Kentucky school as a Governor's Scholar; and will be attending the University of Louisville to study engineering.

 

How about some others--I know there's a lot out there??

The 2003 class had some pretty good players.3 that played division 1.Neltner,Brock and Doleman.:thumb:

Congratulations to Luke Rebholtz....his mother must REALLY be smart! (LOL)

'07 might not be the most talented class, but with the depth of the class of 2007, and the top players in '08 (with a few from '09 and '10), the overall talent throughout the state is pretty tough to rival in recent memory.

I think 1998 was the most talented.

David Graves Notre Dame

Shawn Fields Georgia

JR Vanhoose and Tackett

Jaron Brown Pitt and his cousin both played at Bryan Station.

I think his cousin played at Louisville.

Wes Burnter played at Clark Co. a really good player

Kyle Umberger Ashland played at Morehead

Jimmy Tackett Greenup

I think Derek Smith and Lorenzen was in this class but it might have been the 99 class.

J.P. Blevins and they were a few more

  • Author
I've long thought that the class of 2007 might turn out to be one of the most talented classes in recent memory, especially in NKY!! I know this is the basketball forum, so I'll keep this to a quasi-hoops discussion. Who in the state has the most basketball kids going on to play a sport at the college level??

 

In NKY I'll nominate Bishop Brossart's All "A" State Championship team's eight seniors, who will compete at the next level as follows:

 

Troy Cooper--University of Cincinnati--Track & Field

Nathan Mutsch--Xavier University--Baseball

Jimmy Uebel--Thomas More--Basketball

Josh Kidney--Thomas More--Soccer (Hoops?)

Kyle Kramer--Thomas More--Baseball

Matt Lloyd--Thomas More--Soccer

Bryan Niemeyer--Thomas More--Golf

 

Interesting that although most of these kids certainly had/could have had basketball opportunities, all but one will compete in another sport!! And the only senior who won't be playing a college sport is Luke Rebholtz, and he has a full ride to any Kentucky school as a Governor's Scholar; and will be attending the University of Louisville to study engineering.

 

How about some others--I know there's a lot out there??

 

 

I think you guys are missing the point of this thread?? I wasn't trying to discuss which class had the most D-1 hoop's players, or even college prospects/signees; just overall athletically talented kids!! It particularly struck me when I looked back at the '07 BBHS basketball seniors, and the kids I've watched them compete with and against over the years. My intent was to identify how ATHLETIC LY TALENTED this class was, not just in basketball, but overall.

 

I was thinking of kids like CCH's Kurt Bovard or Brandon Brown, Duran Jefferson at Holmes, etc.--Very good HS basketball players that were also standouts in other sports. A kid like Holy Cross's Jimmy Ryan who will be playing baseball at the next level, but could certainly have found a home in hoops!! It just seemed to me that following this group across the state for the last 9-10 years, that they may rank right up there athletically, even though many have chosen to pursue another sport in college????

From GRC Basketball team you have the following seniors:

 

Preston Knowles...U of L Basketball

Tristian Jones......Western Football

Robell Rogers.......EKU Football

Josh Wood..........University of the Cumberlands Baseball

  • Author

Thanks GS--This is what I had in mind when I started this!! Impressive!!

For Gallatin County:

 

Cody Perkins - Georgetown (JV Basketball)

Brad Noel - EKU (Baseball Walk on I believe)

  • Author
For Gallatin County:

 

Cody Perkins - Georgetown (JV Basketball)

Brad Noel - EKU (Baseball Walk on I believe)

 

buttels--Is Nate Edmundson going to try and play somewhere in college??

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.