Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middlesboro 13 South Laurel 12

Featured Replies

Just got back from the game. Took 12 innings to decide. Great effort by both teams. Middlesboro just wouldn't go away. A classic!!

 

Hoskins went 9 innings for middlesboro, gutsy performance. Tolliver pitched the last 2 and had a game tying 2 run homer and a game tying 2 run double. Also scored the winning run. Not for sure but it seemed like every hitter in the Jackets lineup had at least 1 hit. Unbelievable game! Words can't do it justice. You had to be there.

Listened to it on the radio. Sounded like a dandy!

With two guys on the hill of that quality, 12 innings wouldn't be surprising. But 25 total runs???? This must've been a roller-coaster ride!

I'm guessing the late game is still going on?

Yes. I would say Harlan/north laurel didn't start till around 10pm.

With two guys on the hill of that quality, 12 innings wouldn't be surprising. But 25 total runs???? This must've been a roller-coaster ride!

 

South Laurel was leading 6 -2 going into the bottom of the seventh. But Middlesboro scored 4 runs to tie. From then on it was a roller coaster ride. 2 runs at a time.

South Laurel was leading 6 -2 going into the bottom of the seventh. But Middlesboro scored 4 runs to tie. From then on it was a roller coaster ride. 2 runs at a time.

Wow.....Sounds like a wild change of events!

South Laurel was leading 6 -2 going into the bottom of the seventh. But Middlesboro scored 4 runs to tie. From then on it was a roller coaster ride. 2 runs at a time.

 

Wow. Hate that I missed it.

It was amazing. I never thought it would end. I felt really bad for the South kids after the game. But everytime South would score, Middlesboro would answer. It was a wild finish to set up a very improbable region title game rematch. Middlesboro vs North Laurel! These teams met once this season with the Jaguars eeking out an 8-7 win. This should be a great regional final! I got there in the 4th inning and saw the fireworks of the next 8 innings. Unbelievable. Both teams should be proud of the effort they gave! They left nothing in the dugout and brought it all to the field!

One of the best baseball games that I can remember seeing. Smith pitched a great game through 6, but seemed to melt down in the 7th. Middlesboro would not quit, had their backs against the wall by multiple runs several times, and kept coming back.

 

Tolliver for Middlesboro had the best performance at the plate that I've ever seen in high school. He actually called his HR in the 7th prior to hitting it to tie it up, and how did the shot in extra innings not get out of the park? I think SL's RF made an excellent effort to keep it in play.

 

Excellent game by Logan Baker for SL. It is a shame that either team had to lose this one. Great job to the kids on both teams.

I had to leave and go to work In the 5th with Middlesboro down 6-1 and the 8-9-1 hitters coming up.

 

 

I listened to the rest ( well until the radio station cut away from the game in the top of the 12th:madman: with South up 11-10 and the bases loaded with no one out, I really thought Middlesboro was done for ) but Middlesboro would not give up , They not only held South to 1 more run but they would come up and put a 3 spot on the board to win the game.

 

Great win Jackets and good luck against North Laurel.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.