Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16th Region Predictions for the next few years.

Featured Replies

Everyone give their opinion on what their representing schools will have in the future (Next year-2008, 2009,2010,2011,2012...etc)

 

Someone that is involved with each school needs to say who they think has the best group in the 16th Region in each age/Class group.

 

Boyd will still be good next year, but we do lose some great talent. Might be somewhat of a rebuilding year. I believe we will crack out some new pitchers next year.

 

Boyd's JV seems to be pretty solid, and will do well when their turn arives.

 

Of course you know who I think has the best 6th grade team in the Region...:thumb:

IMO Raceland will stay pretty strong, we will have to find pitching,but that goes without saying for most high schools. We have a few that did not play this year that I personally hope deceide to play next year

IMO Raceland will stay pretty strong, we will have to find pitching,but that goes without saying for most high schools. We have a few that did not play this year that I personally hope deceide to play next year

I agree on Raceland. Raceland has always had a very good youth baseball feeder system. Althought I am not as close to it now as I once was I would think that they still do. I understand that there are several kids coming up through the youth leagues that look very good and the Rams have some very good Jr. High through Soph. classes as well.

  • Author
I agree on Raceland. Raceland has always had a very good youth baseball feeder system. Althought I am not as close to it now as I once was I would think that they still do. I understand that there are several kids coming up through the youth leagues that look very good and the Rams have some very good Jr. High through Soph. classes as well.

 

Raceland does have some good players in their youth program. Right now they combine with Greenup Co on most of their teams to make enough teams, so if you was to split them up by School system, then I am not sure to how strong each one would be, but there is some talent there.:thumb:

Raceland does have some good players in their youth program. Right now they combine with Greenup Co on most of their teams to make enough teams, so if you was to split them up by School system, then I am not sure to how strong each one would be, but there is some talent there.:thumb:

Boyd and Ashland have some VERY good youth sports/feeder systems as well. :thumb: I really think that the baseball talent in our area / region along with Eastern Ky ( Louisa - Paintsville-Pikeville area) is greatly overlooked. I would venture to say that there is more baseball talent in our area than any other sport and always has been.

Rose Hill has some very talented young kids, with the right coaching I think this team could be a good team in a couple of years. Im not saying they could win the region, they could pull off an upset every now and then and possibly do well in the class A.

  • Author
Rose Hill has some very talented young kids, with the right coaching I think this team could be a good team in a couple of years. Im not saying they could win the region, they could pull off an upset every now and then and possibly do well in the class A.

 

Class A? Do they have classifications in Baseball?

 

But I do agree there are some young, talented kids there.:thumb:

  • Author
Boyd and Ashland have some VERY good youth sports/feeder systems as well. :thumb: I really think that the baseball talent in our area / region along with Eastern Ky ( Louisa - Paintsville-Pikeville area) is greatly overlooked. I would venture to say that there is more baseball talent in our area than any other sport and always has been.

 

:thumb:

Greenup County will strong for next four years. You will not be able to look over look them.

With Greg Logan as the coach Greenup will as always be in the top 5 in the region, he brings a true passion for the game, he reminds me alot of coach Jody

IMO Raceland will stay pretty strong, we will have to find pitching,but that goes without saying for most high schools. We have a few that did not play this year that I personally hope deceide to play next year

I agree. The Rams have some young players that have a lot of potential. I know a few of those who you are talking about;) . It would be great to see them on the diamond next Spring.

Russell's pitching staff should be decent next year with DeHoff, Hamilton, and Dillion but there D-fence might be a little down after losing five seniors that started this year for them. But on the bright side for them they did have two freshman that started for them(Alleshouse, Rice). They should continue to grow as players and be very rounded players by there senior year.

IMO Raceland will stay pretty strong, we will have to find pitching,but that goes without saying for most high schools. We have a few that did not play this year that I personally hope deceide to play next year

Who? PM if you dont want to post on board. I'm familiar with a lot of Raceland's young players and don't know who you mean.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.