Billiter to Bellarmine

I hear from a very reliable source Grant County senior Amber Billiter will be playing her college basketball at Bellarmine university.

This is great news considering no one gave her a chance including the great

coach Bert Richey (shows how much he knows he said she couldn't play at the next level) and she is going to play Div2.

She had a number of offers to play at other colleges.

Congratulations Amber you deserve it.

Good luck.

I hear from a very reliable source Grant County senior Amber Billiter will be playing her college basketball at Bellarmine university.

This is great news considering no one gave her a chance including the great

coach Bert Richey (shows how much he knows he said she couldn't play at the next level) and she is going to play Div2.

She had a number of offers to play at other colleges.

Congratulations Amber you deserve it.

Good luck.

Congratulations to her, will she be receiving a full ride?

I would think with the good news you posted in this post you wouldn't find it necessary to take a personal shot at her former coach.

Which one is Billiter #20, the tall post player? I wonder if Richey is going to coach anywhere next year. Rumor has it he is going to coach at a school in NKY (I heard help out with Williamstown) anyone know any truth to that, I haven’t seen him in a while to ask him?

No public announcement on a signing for Amber (yes, she is the tall post player). Perhaps a walk-on or academic deal? She is a beautiful gal, has always said she was going to college & is a fantastic student. Wonderful family. Congrats! (Although she was working very hard on getting to a college in Hawaii last time we talked! Told her I would be heading out to see her for sure in Hawaii if she went there, better make sure the dorm room was extra large for all the company!)

I hate this, but MUST address this...the attacks on Richey are getting old Catsdunnwright...would it be possible to congratulate a player from or the team at Grant County on their accomplishments without the personal vendetta against their coach? It's hard to celebrate an accomplishment when you are sticking a knife in his back at the same time, every time. Why don't you just give him a call & get it all out in the open & leave the rest of the BGPrs out if it. Better yet, the job at Grant Co. is still open....let's see what you can do. And when my daughter does (or doesn't) take her game to the next level I can lay the blame squarely on you & see how you like it. Folks, look at the history from CDW...looks like a personal thing to me. Leslie Garnett's (Mid-Continent signee) dad clarified any doubt regarding Leslie & Bert Richey in a previous thread. Bert's record speaks for itself. Coach Richey asked his team every year what players wanted to play in college. To the few players who said yes, he told them they couldn’t play at the next level if they didn't work hard enough to get there. Not just Amber, ALL of them.

I talked to Coach Richey this week, he will not be coaching anywhere next year other then helping out his wife at Highlands & helping to take care of the new baby!

Which one is Billiter #20, the tall post player? I wonder if Richey is going to coach anywhere next year. Rumor has it he is going to coach at a school in NKY (I heard help out with Williamstown) anyone know any truth to that, I haven’t seen him in a while to ask him?

Congratulation to Ms. Billiter. I hope everything works out.

As to the rumor of Coach Richey to Williamstown, I have heard that Coach Wilhoit is working on a assistant coaching change or two. I heard the rumor that one of them would be a shock to a lot of people, but do not have a name of who it would be. He and Coach Richey are great friends, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I have heard Coach Wilhoit say more than once it would be nice to coach along side of Coach Richey.

Congratulation to Ms. Billiter. I hope everything works out.

As to the rumor of Coach Richey to Williamstown, I have heard that Coach Wilhoit is working on a assistant coaching change or two. I heard the rumor that one of them would be a shock to a lot of people, but do not have a name of who it would be. He and Coach Richey are great friends, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I have heard Coach Wilhoit say more than once it would be nice to coach along side of Coach Richey.

Interesting! I have heard the opposite on this one as well...coach Wilhoit to Grant Co. His daughter is an 8th grader...can transfer! Believe me, rumors abound around here right now. Another one around the school is that coach Richey is coming back to Grant Co next year. We just need a decision!! SOON!

Asked someone at the HS to talk to Amber today about this & get back with me. The reponse is that she said it's mostly academic with no athletic. She is walking on. Congrats! GREAT gal.

I understand she will walk on this year, as bellarmine is losing maybe 4 or 5

seniors next year.

either way she is playing.

Alright I will leave Richey alone it is just that I know so much more than you think and we do not have the same thoughts about what kind of coach he is and we'll leave it at that.

Good luck Amber.

I understand she will walk on this year, as bellarmine is losing maybe 4 or 5

seniors next year.

either way she is playing.

Alright I will leave Richey alone it is just that I know so much more than you think and we do not have the same thoughts about what kind of coach he is and we'll leave it at that.

Good luck Amber.

Noted & appreciated Cats. Personal attacks are one thing, opinions are another. Opinions are just that, opinions. Mine is different. Every coach is different. Folks not agreeing with a coaching decision or perhaps his/her style? Happens all the time. How you handle yourself in places (such as this forum?) as fans, parents, administration & a community in that disagreement is what makes or breaks a player, team or program sometimes. I have never agreed 100% with Richey or any coach, nor do I ever expect too, but I do have a daughter that played for him for several years & have direct knowledge. Coaching is difficult under any circumstances. I know from personal experience that what you hear, the rumors & impressions of circumstances can be absolutely wrong. For example, I had several parents ask me recently why I was upset at coach & said I was seen "chewing him out" after a game. Never happened. I was actually discussing with him my daughter's performance, which was not near 100%. I agreed with how he coached her, which was NOT what folks thought they saw. We all tend to see what we want to see & blame who? The coach. It's much easier than blaming our own kid isn't it?

I hope Amber works hard to walk on & get playing time at Bellarmine...a daunting task that I think she is capable of doing!