Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Laurel 56 Cumberland 50

Featured Replies

Cards advance

Good effort by the Skins.....hard to believe they are just a single A school.

  • Author

Yep, it's hard to believe they're a Class A school, but South and Corbin advance.

Great showing for Cumberland. Should be an interesting final against Corbin at Corbin.

Yep, it's hard to believe they're a Class A school, but South and Corbin advance.

 

Yell, but sounds like it was an all out war for both teams. I love it when the big fish has to work a little harder to get the little fish, don't you Les!!!

  • Author

Doesn't matter to me ... it just shows you that size doesn't matter and I commend Cumberland for standing up and playing the bigger fish.

What an outstanding showing by Cumberland. Congratulations to the Redskins for a wonderful season. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Corbin pull the upset on their homecourt tomorrow night.

 

Does anyone know the statistics for Desmond Johnson? He has put on a clinic since the first game in the district tounament.

 

I think Cumberland returns four starters next season, including Johnson. They should definitely be the favorite, in my opinion.

Cumberland played a great game tonight. I'm glad the Cards won, but if they don't come out and play more team ball then it could be a very long night for South.

I'm heading home from the game and posting from my blackberry, so I hope this goes through. I just want to express how proud I am of my Skins tonight, they fought hard and went a long way in earning some well deserved respect. Thank you Kyle Simpson for a hard played career at CHS. I'm looking forward to next year. Good job SKINS.

I think that Cumberland proved tonight they ARE an EXCELLENT team and WILL be one of the favorites in the Region next year, just like I said a couple days ago, and almost pulled off a great victory tonight. This was no fluke either, IMO Cumberland looked quicker than South and looked like they could play with South any time any place any where. Having said that, South is a great team and did what they had to do in the last 2 minutes to get the victory. If I am not mistaken Cumberland had a 50-49 lead with a couple minutes to go and South scored the last 7 points in the game. With an excellent point guard, a dominant big man along with 2 more starters, a sixth and seventh man, and another 6-4 220 pound athlete joining the team next year, LOOK OUT the Redskins will be a Force in the 13th region again.

What an outstanding showing by Cumberland. Congratulations to the Redskins for a wonderful season. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Corbin pull the upset on their homecourt tomorrow night.

 

Does anyone know the statistics for Desmond Johnson? He has put on a clinic since the first game in the district tounament.

 

I think Cumberland returns four starters next season, including Johnson. They should definitely be the favorite, in my opinion.

Plus Garfield Wilson.

Doesn't matter to me ... it just shows you that size doesn't matter and I commend Cumberland for standing up and playing the bigger fish.

 

They definitely as you say "Played the bigger fish"! The only thing that could of been better is if they could of held on to win. Maybe the Redhounds will do just that tonight.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.