Monday's most interesting games

rojas4

While looking down the list of district tournament games Monday night, there are only a couple that intrigue me.

Christian Co vs University Heights. While Christian Co has had an excellent season and UHA has had a disapointing season by everyone's evaluation, UHA and Hopson are talented enough to pull the upset. Keep your eyes on this one.

North Laurel vs Jackson Co.- While neither of these teams are world beaters, it is still an interesting matchup to see who advances to eventually meet Clay Co.

Covington Holy Cross vs. Covington Holmes. Both teams are considered to be top 3 in the region, the loser doesn't go to region. Holmes is on fire, but Holy Cross didn't make it to region last year either because of the talent in the 35th. Finally, of course, the fact that they are cross-town rivals always makes this interesting.

These matchups are a shame. Holy Cross and CovCath both deserve to be in the region.

I'm assuming that you believe that Holmes belongs also?

Another interesting game will be Scott vs. Campbell County. If I remember correctly, Scott whooped them earlier this year, but CC has improved greatly on their main problem in the last few weeks: scoring. Should be a fun one.

These matchups are a shame. Holy Cross and CovCath both deserve to be in the region.

Yes it is indeed a HUGE shame that teams as good as Cov Holmes, Cov Holy Cross, a Boone County or St. Henry won't make it to the Region, whereas a team like Lloyd, Ludlow, or a Villa will! The losers from the 34th has zero, none, nada, chance in moving on to the second round of the region, whereas a Cov Holmes, St. Henry, Boone County, or Cov Holy Cross could, without any luck, win the Ninth Region.

Augusta and Saint Patrick should be an interesting game. The Saints are avenging a loss in last year's opening round of the 39th and have won all three meetings with the Panthers this season. I think we will have the pleasure of seeing many interesting games in the 39th for years outside of Mason County's first round district games.