Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tanner Jacobs....a CARD?

Featured Replies

What's really funny is that his two older brothers went to St. Xavier and UK...and both are still fans of those programs......Tanner goes to Trinity and now maybe Louisville.....glad they finally saw the light :lol:

 

Tanner Jacobs, a Card?

This is pretty interesting. Two kids from Catholic schools in Louisville being asked to walk-on. St. X has already sent one and Trinity may have the other.

 

By the way, whatever happened to the other walk-on Stuart Miller? Have not heard his name since last spring.

Jacobs is very strong , very fast and physically fearless. Even though he is only 6'7", I imagine he'd be a good player to practice against. He'd toughen you up.

I love watching Jacobs play. I don't know if anyone plays with more heart and passion than he does. I could see him walking-on at UofL and possibly contributing later in his career. I could see him being like a Luke Whitehead, a 6'6-6'7 PF that does nothing but rebound and gets his points by hitting the boards. I reall like the idea of Jacobs wearing the Red and Black.

I imagine he'd be a good player to practice against. He'd toughen you up.

 

Agreed, but while a lot of you have seen him play quite a few more times than me, I don't think he has the skill set, physically or mentally, to play of U of L, even by his junior year.

Agreed, but while a lot of you have seen him play quite a few more times than me, I don't think he has the skill set, physically or mentally, to play of U of L, even by his junior year.

I would agree with you right now. However, if he continues to improve at the rate he recently has, I think he can contribute in certain situations. Physically, he can play with the big boys. He plays with a fire that is hard to quantify, a trait that is mainfestly lacking in some of the current players in local and regional big-name programs. What is that passion worth to a coach and a team?

I love watching Jacobs play. I don't know if anyone plays with more heart and passion than he does. I could see him walking-on at UofL and possibly contributing later in his career. I could see him being like a Luke Whitehead, a 6'6-6'7 PF that does nothing but rebound and gets his points by hitting the boards. I reall like the idea of Jacobs wearing the Red and Black.

 

Luke Whitehead was a product of Oak Hill Academy, though...

After watching Jacobs play numerous times, against Brooks, Coleman, and the performance he put on at Ballard, I think most would agree that Jacobs can play at any level, he would actually be an asset to Louisville and play quicker than you might think. I have never watched anyone more exciting and hit the glass with the tenacity that Jacobs does. I think cch when assessing physical or mental readiness shows he has no knowledge of Jacobs and should be suspended from this website, because of other motives . Jacobs', coach said that Jacobs is 6' 7" 230 lbs and has a 3.7 gpa, and is the most physical player he has ever coached. I wish cch's players nothing but the best and hopes they reach high goals.

I think cch when assessing physical or mental readiness shows he has no knowledge of Jacobs and should be suspended from this website, because of other motives . Jacobs', coach said that Jacobs is 6' 7" 230 lbs and has a 3.7 gpa, and is the most physical player he has ever coached. I wish cch's players nothing but the best and hopes they reach high goals.

:rolleyes: The day that I get suspended for commenting on a player's ability is the day I leave BGP.

 

If you want to talk about "other motives".....

 

(from another thread)

The poster [ROSCOE] you quoted sings Jacobs' praises in virtually every post ... take that however you wish.

 

Furthermore, I just went through all of your posts, at least 15 of which are praising one player. Not that there is ANYTHING AT ALL wrong with that, but if you want to talk "other motives".

 

I wish Tanner Jacobs the best of luck, wherever he winds up. It is my opinion that he would be more successful at one of the schools that he listed in the article (Duquesne, Fordham, ect.), but then again, who am I to measure his success? Good luck.

  • Author
I wish Tanner Jacobs the best of luck, wherever he winds up. It is my opinion that he would be more successful at one of the schools that he listed in the article (Duquesne, Fordham, ect.), but then again, who am I to measure his success? Good luck.

I think you are right...BUT Tanner is a tremendous family guy, and his entire family is here...AND he is not about himself but the team...and he could HELP Louisville to much better team goals than those lesser programs...that's worth a lot more to him.

I think you are right...BUT Tanner is a tremendous family guy, and his entire family is here...AND he is not about himself but the team...and he could HELP Louisville to much better team goals than those lesser programs...that's worth a lot more to him.

 

Sounds good. I actually watched the Duquesne-Fordham game today and he would be able to compete with those players, no problem. But I'm sure that he and his family will make the right choice.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.