Holmes 55 Boone County 47

Nice win for the Dawgs. They're really starting to put it all together now that everyone's back.

A good sign though from the game is the balanced scoring:

HOLMES (55): Avery 1 1 3, Jefferson 2 1 6, Arnold 0 2 2, Henderson 5 3 14, Nelson 0 1 1, Hill 5 5 16, Rice 3 2 9, Clark 1 2 4. Totals 17 17 55.

Holmes bench is starting to contribute as well which is going to be huge come tournament time.

I dont care what anyone says, 55 is still low. Boone Co is a good team but to have as much fire power as Holmes has they should get more offense. Since Duran and the suspended players have returned no final score has really impressed me or made me change my opinion that CovCath is still the favorite in the 9th.

I dont care what anyone says, 55 is still low. Boone Co is a good team but to have as much fire power as Holmes has they should get more offense. Since Duran and the suspended players have returned no final score has really impressed me or made me change my opinion that CovCath is still the favorite in the 9th.

Many times the only way to slow down Holmes is to run a zone which was performed by Boone.

Many times the only way to slow down Holmes is to run a zone which was performed by Boone.

Well then this should be a concern for the Bulldogs. If a team can play zone and keep the score close like Boone did because Holmes has only one player (Hill) with a legitimate outside shot than the Dogs might have some problems.

Well then this should be a concern for the Bulldogs. If a team can play zone and keep the score close like Boone did because Holmes has only one player (Hill) with a legitimate outside shot than the Dogs might have some problems.

Has anyone played a box and one on Hill?

Has anyone played a box and one on Hill?

Im not sure and not sure if that would be better than playing a 2-3 zone. You have to limit Duran and Austin's ability to drive and make Holmes hit outside shots. I think just a basic 2-3 would be better than making sure you deny Austin touches.