Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Draw

Featured Replies

Here it BGP faithful, the matchups for next week. 
 

Top Bracket

Covington Catholic vs Newport Central Catholic

Dixie Heights vs Ryle

Bottom Bracket

Highlands vs Beechwood

Conner vs St Henry

  • Author

Little better view of the brackets.  IMG_2948.thumb.jpeg.e112daa498ebec0d976652f1307e9b81.jpeg

  • Author

@FrankNicodemus I do agree with you. If I had to rank teams after District Tournaments, it would look like this:

1. Cov Cath 2. Conner 3. Highlands 4. Dixie Heights 5. Ryle 6. Beechwood 7. St Henry 8. NCC.   I think this draw is very balanced  

Cov Cath has been the most consistent team all year in the 9th. Everyone else has had moments but it’s been proven this year, the top 8 teams in Region 9 can beat another on any given game. Let the anxiety, stress, heartbreak, joy, happiness, and opportunity for one more game start on Tuesday. 

Give me chalk in the first round. CovCath vs Conner in the Finals with CovCath taking home the hardware. Good luck to all teams and referees!

Here is my Shock - O - Meter on each game:

Cov Cath vs NCC:  regular season result Cov Cath won 3-0, ABSOLUTELY FALL OUT OF MY CHAIR SHOCKED, if Cov Cath doesn't win this game

Conner vs St. Henry:  regular season result Conner won 2-0, SHOCKED, but I won't fall out of my chair, if Conner doesn't win this game

Highlands vs Beechwood:  regular season result Highlands won 1-0, SHOCKED but more Disappointed, if Highlands doesn't win this game tonight.

Dixie vs Ryle:  regular season result Ryle won 2-0, this is maybe the ONLY game tonight that I see going really either way and I wouldn't be shocked/surprised by who might end up winning, this might even go into PKs to figure out the winner.  I am leaning towards Ryle to come away victorious.

As long as it's Cov Cath/Conner/Highlands/Ryle or Dixie, these semifinal games on Thursday are going to be CRAZY fun and anybody's game, in my humble opinion.....

I think this might be the year of upsets. Give me Ryle and St. Henry pulling off big wins tonight.

Semifinals: Ryle/Cov Cath & Highlands/St. Henry

I think this might be the year Cov Cath does something special. I think they cruise to a 9th region title and have a legit shot at a State Final appearance. 

Good luck to all teams! 

  • Author
10 hours ago, NKYSPORTS GUY said:

I think this might be the year of upsets. Give me Ryle and St. Henry pulling off big wins tonight.

Semifinals: Ryle/Cov Cath & Highlands/St. Henry

I think this might be the year Cov Cath does something special. I think they cruise to a 9th region title and have a legit shot at a State Final appearance. 

Good luck to all teams! 

@NKYSPORTS GUY, how did that St. Henry verse Conner pick work out for you?

  • Author
2 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Congrats!!!

@FrankNicodemus I’ll see you Thursday in Edgewood at 7:30.  You want to give me a quick scouting report for Highlands?  ?

9 hours ago, kyag said:

@NKYSPORTS GUY, how did that St. Henry verse Conner pick work out for you?

Hey based on my NFL pick em stats this year, I will take a night that I got 3 out of 4 correct! 

Congrats your Cougars! Good luck on Thursday! 

10 hours ago, kyag said:

@FrankNicodemus I’ll see you Thursday in Edgewood at 7:30.  You want to give me a quick scouting report for Highlands?  ?

Highlands is like when you walk thru the mall and see a new store getting ready to open and on the wall covering up what work is being done and the wall has the quote “Expect the unexpected “, that’s been how the Highlands season has been this year.  Suli I don’t think has gone 2 straight games with the same lineup, unfortunately a TON of that is because there seems to be always someone new nicked up and injured, I know you dealt with injuries at Conner at the beginning of the season, I feel like the Birds have been hit with that bug at the end of the year.  Which means different players have had to step up and play important minutes in the last few weeks!  I think bc of this we really haven’t ever gotten a good rhythm offensively this season.  Highlands seems to be really doing much better with Ethan Schweitzer back in the lineup, his speed isn’t obviously back with the leg brace he still needs to wear but I feel we have really benefited by his calm foot skills and nice passing ability to find the open thru ball or connecting passes that we were deficient on with him being out for a majority of the season.  I’m really looking forward to this epic battle that should have already happened but now the 3rd time on the schedule is the charm, good luck to all and let’s have a fun spirited battle on Thursday..

Looking forward to it.

GO BIRDS!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.