Corbin 84 Jackson Co. 67

Johnson's two 3s at the end of the third were big and Smith's two 3s in the fourth put the final nail in Jackson County's coffin. Brumbach outplayed Crawford this time around. He is a nice player. His passes back to the perimeter are a big part of their offense. The Manns kid always plays hard and had three big baskets on the interior tonight. He makes Crawford's job a lot easier. The Smith kids offense has got a lot better. The Hounds have a bunch of options to score the ball.

Listened to the second half on the radio, appeared to be anyone's game at one point in the third Corbin was leading 56 to 53. You are right the 3 pointers by Johnson and Smith were huge. Have not seen him this year but you are right about Brumback he is a top notch talent.

Brumback is a nice player. To say that he outplayed Crawford might be an overstatement. He had more points, but Crawford handled the ball, had numerous assists and his team won by 17 points. Who would you rather have on your team? Big shots by Barley, Johnson, Smith and Manns propelled the Hounds to a nice win over Jackson. I thought the Hounds got the tempo in their favor the second half and thus gained the win. Jackson has to be one of the best 9-13 teams in the state. I look for them to be in the regional tournament and perhaps come in as a district winner. We might get to see a rematch of the Hounds and Generals in the first round of the region.

Listening to the post game show, sounds like Coach P did some addition by subtraction on D that worked out well for the Hounds. He was talking highly of Manns and Cashen and the job they did slowing Brumback down after he heated up. He said that as talented around the basket as Brumback is, he didn't want to take the chance on having Crawford guarding him and wind up getting into foul trouble.

I can't say enough about the way Josh Smith has stepped up his play as of late. You are going to get your 20 points and 13 boards out of Crawford most nights, 10-20 points from Johnson, but when you have players like Deke Barley and Josh Smith stepping up big time, it's going to make Corbin as dangerous as anyteam in the region. If the Hounds can manage to get on the same page around crunch time, I have a feeling we will see a lot of Red representing the 13th at Rupp but it's about 10 miles South of the Red we all were expecting. Should be a fun final stretch in the region!

Josh Smith has alot of tools and has really stepped up his level of play. I agree Josh and Barley are the keys to the Hounds as the season rolls on. When then two guys are driving to the basket and making the three ball the Hounds are difficult to guard. I would think Josh Crawford loves to dish the ball off to teammates after watching him tonight and the other night at South Laurel. Once Manns develops a couple more moves in the post he will be a force as well. I liked the big lineup Coach P had on the floor in the fourth...Manns, Smith, Johnson, Crawford and Barley....with Crawford at the point......that was impressive.

Josh Smith has alot of tools and has really stepped up his level of play. I agree Josh and Barley are the keys to the Hounds as the season rolls on. When then two guys are driving to the basket and making the three ball the Hounds are difficult to guard. I would think Josh Crawford loves to dish the ball off to teammates after watching him tonight and the other night at South Laurel. Once Manns develops a couple more moves in the post he will be a force as well. I liked the big lineup Coach P had on the floor in the fourth...Manns, Smith, Johnson, Crawford and Barley....with Crawford at the point......that was impressive.

I liked the big lineup for the Hounds in the fourth, it made it hard on Jackson Co. on both ends of the floor...Barley had a big game, Smith and Johnson hit some big 3's at the end...IMO Crawford just had a OK game...

Not one of his better games scoring, But I watch a player for his overall game, and the outcome for his team. Josh Crawford is a winner and will land at a much higher level of play than Mr. Brumback.

Crawford has always been a very unselfish player who knows how to get his teammates involved in the offense. He seems to be gaining confidence in them and this should make Corbin a dangerous team going down the stretch.

Manns' post defense was huge in the 4th quarter tonight when Corbin put the game away. Good games from many of the Hounds tonight.