Butler County 79 Daviess County 69 (3rd Region Quarterfinals)

The Bears get to play Ohio County Saturday night at 7:45. The two met just a month ago where Butler County went on the road and won by 16. Shaping up to be a great 3rd Region final with Owensboro Catholic.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TheBallCoach said:

The Bears get to play Ohio County Saturday night at 7:45. The two met just a month ago where Butler County went on the road and won by 16. Shaping up to be a great 3rd Region final with Owensboro Catholic.

Is this game's outcome about what you expected?

• Like 1

I remember making a comment in the “Region Winners” thread and almost everybody chose Daviess County to win the whole thing. I get the misunderstanding though, personally I only keep up with 3rd and 4th region and the top teams in Kentucky solely because of location and access to material. I felt the need to enlighten the fellow members of this platform that this Butler County team has some real talent with their JR duo.

I don’t want to overlook the Ohio County game but quite frankly that’s a bitter rivalry and they have the best two players on the court, they will have to play some very bad basketball to lose.

I’m pulling for Butler County to win the whole thing but when the Bears play the Aces it has never favored well, per KHSAA (1999-present) the Bears are 3-11 against Catholic with 2 of those losses in the Region tournament (2013,2020). The two teams met last year, Butler County went on the road and lost by 8, Price and Rice had 52 of the 67 points as sophomores against two good SR’s who have since graduated.

• Like 1