Russell 61 Lewis Co 44

Not one of Russell's best performances but it's hard to argue with a 20 point win. Russell had 3 in double figures led by Gill with 24 pts 10 rebounds, VanHoose 17 and Robinson with 14. Hoose hit some big 3's and Gill had a couple of strong dunks off good assists. Blair had solid game with 6 pts, 6 assists and 4 steals. Russell has big game Fri against Rowan who is off huge win with Greenup County. Will need big effort to win and keep up top Cubster's Poll!

Not one of Russell's best performances but it's hard to argue with a 20 point win. Russell had 3 in double figures led by Gill with 24 pts 10 rebounds, VanHoose 17 and Robinson with 14. Hoose hit some big 3's and Gill had a couple of strong dunks off good assists. Blair had solid game with 6 pts, 6 assists and 4 steals. Russell has big game Fri against Rowan who is off huge win with Greenup County. Will need big effort to win and keep up top Cubster's Poll!

20 POINT WIN? Its obvious you didnt graduate from Russell did you?:laugh:

One thing that seems to be a constant for Russell is their defense. Even when their offense is sputtering, they have been able to rely on their defense. I think they play the best defense of anyone in the Region and they are underrated in this area. They have a bunch of 6'3" long armed athletes that seem to cause most teams problems. Scrappy Robinson, shot blocking Gill, physicial Blair, and smart Vanhoose probably have held their opponents to fewest points of anyone. Anybody have that stat available?

I don't have any stats, but they were a different team defensively in the second half last night. Holding teams to a low shooting percentage is nice, but you also have to rebound the ball when they miss, don't remember exact stats but Coach wasn't very happy with totals after the game. Lewis had 1 maybe 2 starters over 6 foot, nobody over 6'2.

Lewis was hanging around most of the first half and actually led with 2:00 to go. They looked like they were going to try to hold for the final shot but missed an open look, then turned it over twice in a row. Russell scores the last 6 points of the half, then opens the 3rd on an 18-0 run. Ballgame.

Here's what I've got as a box:

Russell 12 11 20 18 - 61

Lewis County 12 6 11 15 - 44

R: Gill 10 4-8 24, Vanhoose 6 2-2 17, Robinson 5 3-6 13, Blair 3 0-0 6, Turner 0 1-4 1, Mullins 0 0-2 0. Totals 24 10-22 61.

LC: Ruggles 3 2-4 10, F.Witten 2 3-4 8, B.Witten 3 1-4 7, Enix 2 0-0 5, Lykins 1 1-3 3, Zornes 2 1-3 6, Britt 2 0-0 5. Totals 15 8-16 44.

Three-pointers: R 3 (Vanhoose 3), LC 6 (Ruggles 2, Zornes, F.Witten, Enix, Britt).

Other random stats:

Russell: 24-45 FG, 3-13 3pt, 34 Rebounds, 24 points off turnovers, 42 points in paint

Lewis: 15-50 FG, 6-17 3pt, 33 Rebounds

Russell's defense just seems to keep them from losing. I would like to see Dodd turn those kids loose on offense just to see what would happen. They are long and athletic. A running Russell team might even be better than they are now. The Elliott County-Russell game was very enertaining for the fans and the score got into the 70's.

Russell's defense just seems to keep them from losing. I would like to see Dodd turn those kids loose on offense just to see what would happen. They are long and athletic. A running Russell team might even be better than they are now. The Elliott County-Russell game was very enertaining for the fans and the score got into the 70's.

I think we all would like to see them turned lose.

Typical Russell game. I would love to see this team play hard all the time.