Franklin County 66 Ryle 46

Coach Thacker team doing Coach Thacker things, winning 17 of 18 since their loss to Covington Holy Cross at the Queen of the Commonwealth.

Tough road loss for the Lady Raiders. Agree with DD; margin is surprising.

🦅 Franklin Co. (KY #14, 22-6) travels to Bullitt East Monday.

🏴‍☠️ Ryle (KY #9, 18-9) plays #7 Owensboro Catholic Wednesday.

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Just when Ryle starts to suck me back in they get beat by Joey Thacker's team by 20?!?!   Lady Flyers are very good, for sure, but wow.  This one is a bit of a surprise, margin, not result necessarily.  

I agree 100%. That is not the same team that beat down ND two nights ago. 
They need to figure it out in a hurry though. 🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, JBake said:

I agree 100%. That is not the same team that beat down ND two nights ago. 
They need to figure it out in a hurry though. 🤞

Did Shropshire do most of the damage?  She is nice, but I'd have thought Quinn would have been a great Match-up for her.

3 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

Did Shropshire do most of the damage?  She is nice, but I'd have thought Quinn would have been a great Match-up for her.

Yes, apparently we didn’t understand the defensive assignment to not leave her open. 
Which Ryle did maybe 5 or more times and she was knocking down 3’s. 
They extended their defense beyond the three point line and Ryle could not get into their half court sets. 

They are a well coached and disciplined  team. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JBake said:

Yes, apparently we didn’t understand the defensive assignment to not leave her open. 
Which Ryle did maybe 5 or more times and she was knocking down 3’s. 
They extended their defense beyond the three point line and Ryle could not get into their half court sets. 

They are a well coached and disciplined  team. 

Quinn did not guard her at all I don’t think. 
Ryle ran a lot of Zone from what I can remember. 

32 minutes ago, JBake said:

Quinn did not guard her at all I don’t think. 
Ryle ran a lot of Zone from what I can remember. 

Interesting.  While the Lady Flyers are very well coached by one of my favorite characters in KY HS Sports, you take her away and they can struggle to score for periods.  Surprised they didn't give Quinn (equally long and athletic) that assignment.  

• Like 1

Ryle opened in man and Eubank was matched up on Shropshire. FC moved the ball well and seemed to find the open man and they knocked down shots. Their defense is what took Ryle out of the game and kept them off balance all night. While Shropshire is a good scoring option, she is certainly not their only one. She was actually 3rd in scoring last night and has been 3rd on the team most of the year. Many more weapons than just her. Ryle will be fine. Baker is big and physical, Eubank is very good all around and they have plenty of shooters. In my opinion, the Flyers D was just too much last night.

• Like 1