Boone County 56 Newport Catholic 48

A game that looked like it was going to be a blow out became somewhat close in the 4th. Boone stopped attacking the basket and let NCC back into the game. Fouls also plagued the Rebels as they put Cundiff on the line time after time.

On a good note the Rebels played good hard nosed defense holding Klei to only 11 points. Good job JoJo and Jackie.

Meredith Reed posted her first double double in her high School career with 12 points and 10 rebounds but was hurt in the 3rd quarter and never returned hope it is nothing serious.

Jacy attacked the basket with determination and shot the 3 when they backed off. It is hard to gaurd this team when they have all cylinders running. You can not key on any one player and then to go 9 deep makes for a tough night for any opponent

Only thing Rebels need to work on is dumb fouls and we keep sending the other team to the line. Our opponents have probably tripled our free throw attempts.

On a real positive note 4 more wins for Coach Fookes 500.

Boone beats SK by 20.

Seems the top 2 freshman guards, Allen and Sandfoss had some trouble w/the good pressure defense by Boone.

Good post and right on the money Cootyb25. Boone also needs to cut down on T.O. late in the game and I hope they continue to box out on free throws, they have done better the last couple games. If they ever put 4 qts together, look out!!

Boone beats SK by 20.

Seems the top 2 freshman guards, Allen and Sandfoss had some trouble w/the good pressure defense by Boone.

I would expect that from freshman guards. They're freshman. That's when you need the other 4 players to step up and pick up the slack.

In the end, with only 4 from Sandfoss, 8 points is hardly a comfortable margin. Considering some on the board were annointing this Boone club as the best ever in the 9th region, come regional time, a game like this could easily turn out differently.

Congrats to Coach Fookes for the W. Getting to the 496 is quite an accomplishment in itself.

Those that were annointing Boone as the best ever were doing so as a slap to Boone. That way when they did not beat every one they would say what happened this was supposed to be the best team ever. Those of us that are close know the difference. Just read my post when I predicted the outcome of the game. I said a good matchup with Boone's bench being the difference. I said Jacy would step up and shut down Sandfoss (which she did) and attack the basket better (which she did). You are right about 8 points not being a blow out but I know of no one saying we were going to blow them out, but realistically looking at the game they brought a 20 point lead back down to 8.

Honestly Flatrock...As mentioned on here before...You make statements like this and it does not reflect the feelings of the Boone faithful; however, when the team is struggling the entire Boone program gets attacked on this board. Your ridiculous thread entitled “Best Ever” has gotten more mileage and jabs at the team than any I have seen in a long time. It would be nice to see you support the kids in a way that has less negative impact. You say things like this and then disappear while some of us do damage control. With that said, I’m still not 100% confident that you are a Boone supporter as opposed to a supporter (or student) of another program that says these things to ruffle feathers and then sits back to chuckle at the reaction. If you are a supporter then please know we have enough enemies. If not, then by all means continue on.

I agree INDAZONE Boone is just trying to improve and get through the region first. I think ND, NCC, and Conner would probably have something to say about who they think will make it to state. It all depends on the draw in the Region and who plays who first. With that said I like our chances we are improving with each game which is all you can ask for. When these girls play to their potential, and we have had glimpses, it is exciting to watch this team.