Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Morgan County

Featured Replies

With most of Morgans great athletes gone in the past 2 seasons, how does everyone think Morgan will do? They will be a young team this coming season.

I think with Coach Wood at the helm the Cougars will be fine. He will get every bit and then some from each player. Weren't injuries a big factor in last year's losses? Who do they lose to graduation? Is their QB returning?

Morgan County was indeed hit hard by graduation going into last season and then injuries mounted resulting in a dissapointing season. However, Morgan County does have some talented kids returning.

 

The QB situation is up in the air. Right now a very athletic Freshman 6'2" Kyle Havens got some snaps last season and going into his sophomore season, he looks like the front runner. Hopefully the shoulder injury that sidelined would-be starter Andrew Fannin could be healed enough for a senior year return. Fannin, a 6'3" athletic kid can really throw it when healthy and started some games as a sophomore when the Cougars went to the playoffs.

 

Jacob Flack is back, Brandon Ward a strong FB is back, offensive line returns 3 of the 5 I believe.

Nothing like playing in the ditch...lol

I think with Coach Wood at the helm the Cougars will be fine. He will get every bit and then some from each player. Weren't injuries a big factor in last year's losses? Who do they lose to graduation? Is their QB returning?

 

Nets, will Coach Wood be at Morgan next season. In talking with him at the end of the season, he wasn't sure he would be at the helm of the Cougars in 2007.

Good question GORADIO...

 

For the record, most people know that Coach Wood came from Jessamine County. He was asst. coach there at West Jessamine. His family and permanant home reside in Nicholasville.

 

I am pretty certain that Coach Wood will make a decision on his return right after the Football banquet which is scheduled for the Sunday following Super Bowl Sunday.

 

From that point, we should have an idea on what he is going to do.

 

I will update if anything changes.

I can't believe that Wood would not be at Morgan next year, I think that he will be there.

 

However, on another thought, who would Morgan go aftern if Wood left ?

 

Wat is Morgan's schedule for next year ?

I can't remember the exact schedule but it resembles something like this

 

THE ORDER I HAVE IT ISN't RIGHT...but I believe the teams are

 

Rowan County

Powell County

Magoffin County

Prestonsburg

Fairview

Bath County

Shelby Valley

West Carter

Clay County

East Carter

 

 

I know they have 6 HOME games and 4 AWAY

 

Sorghum Bowl is against FAIRVIEW

 

District games are Bath County (HOME), PRESTONSBURG (HOME), and SHELBY VALLEY (AWAY)

Is Wood going to remain at the helm of the mighty cougars for another year? How did the banquet go?

The banquet was postponed due to weather. Unsure on make up date.

 

Hopefully we'll know very soon.

  • Author

Coach Wood's the best i hope he can stay, but if not we will all understand his decision. A man's family always comes first.

Good question GORADIO...

 

For the record, most people know that Coach Wood came from Jessamine County. He was asst. coach there at West Jessamine. His family and permanant home reside in Nicholasville.

 

I am pretty certain that Coach Wood will make a decision on his return right after the Football banquet which is scheduled for the Sunday following Super Bowl Sunday.

 

From that point, we should have an idea on what he is going to do.

 

I will update if anything changes.

 

A lot of people in Morgan County thought would have left when the West Jessamine job opened up so he could move back closer to his family. Obviously he stayed another year at MC.

 

We all know that coaching is a lot of work. Football season is even tougher and being a family man with your family 100 miles away has got to be hard. He is a gutsy guy. Wish him the best in his decision.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.