Daviess County at Central Hardin Predictions/Updates

Daviess County at Central Hardin   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this round 2 matchup?

• Central Hardin
    • Daviess County

This poll is closed to new votes

Daviess County QB Luke Floyd threw for 149 yards with a touchdown and ran for a team-high 59 yards as Daviess County pulled of an unlikely upset over North Hardin 24-21, in the first round of the KHSAA Class 6-A playoffs. Jackson Lee added a 1-yard rushing TD for the Panthers (6-5). Daviess County also had a key 35-yard interception return for a score late in the third quarter by Ryder Cunningham that put them up by 10.

Daviess County started the scoring with a long 40-yard FG by Asher Hendrix for the first score of the night. 

Meanwhile, Central Hardin dominated an overmatched Christian County team to the tune of 60-0. The biggest takeaway from this game was seeing RBs Walker Meredith and Mason Gardner healthy and ready to play after taking a beating last week from Bryan Station. Also a big lift was seeing Central Hardin's best defensive player, Caden Elmore, return to the defensive backfield after missing most of the season with an injury.

Heading into this round 2 matchup, I expect Daviess County to play hard and keep this game close into the 3rd quarter but I think that the Bruins will be able to establish their running game and surprising effectiveness in the passing game over the last several weeks to pull away late in the game. 

My Prediction: Central Hardin 28 Daviess County 16

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Assuming Central Hardin gets past Daviess County, I like the Central Hardin vs Manual matchup. Not sure if having a healthy team going into this matchup will make a difference but CH competed very well against Manual during the regular season game. It was 14-7 Manual at halftime after CH missed a FG at the end of the half that could have brought it to within 4 points.