Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Former South Oldham / Ballard coach Frank Wright passes

Featured Replies

I have limited details, but I was informed tonight that former South Oldham girls / Ballard girls coach Frank Wright passed away this afternoon.

It apparently occurred very suddenly, and my understanding is that Frank had passed before the ambulance could get him to the hospital.

For all who knew him, you know that the state of Kentucky has had few coaches with the combination of basketball coaching acumen, integrity, and morals that Frank had.    Everyone respected his teams on the court, and he was a friend whose loyalty you could count on.    

I don't have all the details in front of me at the moment - and honestly, I'm a little too upset right now to bother looking them up - but having broadcast the SOHS ladies during Frank's tenure in Crestwood, I can tell you that he was the most successful coach in South Oldham girls' history, though the region 8 title somehow eluded him despite some incredible teams.

Please keep Frank and his family in your prayers.

CM

I hate to hear this.  Frank was a very good coach and even better person.  Prayers for the Wright family.

  • Author

Visitation at Westport Road Baptist Church in Louisville today from 2-6 pm with services following.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.