Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rowan County cheerleading investigation

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, cheercoachwes said:

A quick review of KHSAA rosters shows they have 17 athletes on the roster with a student population of just over 1000.

I wonder if a student had a problem with not making the football or basketball team if the school admin would force the coach to have a second tryout period with "outside judges." 

"Expanded to the same size as other schools of that size" is relative. Depending on what division the coach feels the team will be strongest, they may take a certain number of athletes regardless of school size. Pulaski Co has 1200 students and a roster of 16. Somerset has 500 students and a roster of approximately 30. Cheerleading is different in that schools decide how many kids are going to go on the competitive mat. It can be anywhere from 6-30 with a mix of males/females. All girl teams are divided into 4 team sizes. Coed is separate from all girl. There are two Gameday divisions that have both all girl and coed teams in them and can be small with up to 16 or large with 17-30.

I'm lucky that my AD doesn't try to force this type of nonsense on me. This is unnecessary overreach by administration. Let the coaches coach. 

I don't think it was a local admin decision, it sounded like this decision came from the findings of an outside investigation. 

 

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I don't think it was a local admin decision, it sounded like this decision came from the findings of an outside investigation. 

 

I must have missed the part where the state was involved. Again, it's overreach. This literally started because a kid was cut in the spring, and then the coaches allowed a transfer student onto the roster. Tell me what other activity the state would "investigate" over such things. 

1 hour ago, cheercoachwes said:

I must have missed the part where the state was involved. Again, it's overreach. This literally started because a kid was cut in the spring, and then the coaches allowed a transfer student onto the roster. Tell me what other activity the state would "investigate" over such things. 

Yes, there was an investigation into the cheerleading program. I'm not sure what triggered the investigation. 

36 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Yes, there was an outside investigation into the cheerleading program. I'm not sure what triggered the investigation. 

I don't doubt you're right. I was citing what started it. I am 100% sure the state would not investigate any other activity for this. They don't even enforce their own rules for such things. 

15 minutes ago, cheercoachwes said:

I don't doubt you're right. I was citing what started it. I am 100% sure the state would not investigate any other activity for this. They don't even enforce their own rules for such things. 

Let me back up a bit. The person that said it, said it was the department of education not the KHSAA.

I'm not sure exactly who did the investigation, just heard it wasn't KHSAA.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.