Ryle 14 Beechwood 7

Last night was a tough game to watch for me personally as my nephew who is a senior and plays for Ryle took on Beechwood who is a team I have supported for many many years. 

Beechwood jumped out to an early 5-0 lead  in the top of the second lead by timely hitting and a few errors by Ryle’s Defense. Ryl immediately fought back and scored 1 in the bottom of the second and 4 in the bottom of the 3rd to tie the score at 5 through 3 innings. From there Ryle pitching started to have a lot of success shutting down Beechwood’s high powered offense as Beechwood wouldn’t score again till the top of the 7th. Ryle’s bats came alive in the bottom of the 6th when they plated 9 runs off of Freshman Pitcher Carlisle and Senior Pitcher O’Shea. Beechwood did score 2 in the top of the 7th to make the final score 14-7. Maverick Rabe was the winning pitcher as he came in relief of Caleb Mann and went 3 and 1/3 innings and giving up 2 hits and 3 walks but holding Beechwood to 0 runs through his time on the mound. 

This was a big psychological win for the Raiders as they have struggled with Beechwood over the last few years. As for Beechwood they need to get the ship righted before Friday’s big District game against Cov Cath to determine the 1 seed for District play. Beechwood has lost the last 2 games after having 5 run leads in the game so they will need to shake that off which isn’t easy sometimes. Both teams hitting wise look ready for the District tournaments which are right around the corner. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BWTigers said:

Last night was a tough game to watch for me personally as my nephew who is a senior and plays for Ryle took on Beechwood who is a team I have supported for many many years. 

Beechwood jumped out to an early 5-0 lead  in the top of the second lead by timely hitting and a few errors by Ryle’s Defense. Ryl immediately fought back and scored 1 in the bottom of the second and 4 in the bottom of the 3rd to tie the score at 5 through 3 innings. From there Ryle pitching started to have a lot of success shutting down Beechwood’s high powered offense as Beechwood wouldn’t score again till the top of the 7th. Ryle’s bats came alive in the bottom of the 6th when they plated 9 runs off of Freshman Pitcher Carlisle and Senior Pitcher O’Shea. Beechwood did score 2 in the top of the 7th to make the final score 14-7. Maverick Rabe was the winning pitcher as he came in relief of Caleb Mann and went 3 and 1/3 innings and giving up 2 hits and 3 walks but holding Beechwood to 0 runs through his time on the mound. 

This was a big psychological win for the Raiders as they have struggled with Beechwood over the last few years. As for Beechwood they need to get the ship righted before Friday’s big District game against Cov Cath to determine the 1 seed for District play. Beechwood has lost the last 2 games after having 5 run leads in the game so they will need to shake that off which isn’t easy sometimes. Both teams hitting wise look ready for the District tournaments which are right around the corner. 

I believe Holy Cross still has a shot for the #1 seed under the following scenario:

* CovCath beats Beechwood on Friday

* Holy Cross beats CovCath on Monday

* That would create a 3-way tie and the #1 seed would be determined by a draw

Correct? I could be wrong, but - especially with HC showing life with their win over Campbell Co. and battling Ryle/Walton in the last few weeks - nothing is set in stone...yet.

4 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

I believe Holy Cross still has a shot for the #1 seed under the following scenario:

Correct? I could be wrong, but - especially with HC showing life with their win over Campbell Co. and battling Ryle/Walton in the last few weeks - nothing is set in stone...yet.

The early season win by CCH over Holy Cross was not the district counting game?

18 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

I am attaching a screen shot of KHSAA standings for 9th Region and it has Cov Cath as 2-0 in District which means their last District game will be Friday against Beechwood I believe. I may be wrong but I though for sure that was going to be for the 1 and 2 seed in District.

B9373502-006E-465F-905E-254B9AE33B69.png

3 hours ago, BWTigers said:

I am attaching a screen shot of KHSAA standings for 9th Region and it has Cov Cath as 2-0 in District which means their last District game will be Friday against Beechwood I believe. I may be wrong but I though for sure that was going to be for the 1 and 2 seed in District.

B9373502-006E-465F-905E-254B9AE33B69.png

The KHSAA will include ALL district games in the District Record regardless of whether or not they're seed games. Ex. If CovCath played 1 game vs Holmes, 1 vs. Beechwood and 10 vs. Holmes, they would include 12 games in the District Record, but obviously only 3 COUNT. 

• Like 1