Whitley County @A

Letcher County Central @A

Pulaski @H

Open

Corbin @A

Perry County Central @H

Clark County @H

Leslie County @A

I could see the Jags possibly winning 5 of those games. It should be interesting to see how the new alignment and their new 5A district treats them. They have a lot of good young players and an outstanding frosh class coming up. With returning players like Brandenburg (LB), Cornett (WR), Wardrup (QB), and others, it should be an exciting season!

I've watched these jaguars played three times over the last two years and they seem to be on the verge, but seem to implode about mid-season. Any explanation from someone close to the program? Do they return enough talent from 2006 to compete for a district title?

North might be able to win about 4-5 games next year, but the seniors that they lost this past year could hurt the leadership on this team. However, they do have alot of talent returning as MT said. Maybe with the new alignment they can make a little more noise, but I don't see that big of a turn around coming soon.

This thread may show what is wrong with North football. There is no interest. Place this same post for South or Whitley and there would be a huge response.North had a kid sign with U.K. last year and have been competitive with South and Whitley for the last several years. Why is there no interest? The Wardrup kid should spark some interest.

• 1 month later...
This thread may show what is wrong with North football. There is no interest. Place this same post for South or Whitley and there would be a huge response.North had a kid sign with U.K. last year and have been competitive with South and Whitley for the last several years. Why is there no interest? The Wardrup kid should spark some interest.

Maybe there aren't very many NL fans that subscribe to BGP. Has nothing to due with the level of interest in the program.

• 3 weeks later...

There is quite a bit of interest in North Laurel football. I think the fans are there and have been there, they're just waiting for something to cheer about. I cheer this team on, win or lose, but alot of fans aren't like that. I know the Wardrup kid is talented and could possibly be great. What I don't understand is why fans should get excited about the turnovers the NL offense has had the last few seasons. I know Wardrup is young, but a team can't survive on those turnover numbers.