Gallatin Co. 71 Owen Co. 69 OT

This was one for the ages.

Gallatin led by 45-27 with 5:30 left in the third, bit Owen scored 17 straight in 3 minutes to trail 45-44. The Wildcats regained control and led 58-49 with 5 minutes to play.

Owen went on a 16-2 run to lead 65-60 with 20 seconds to play. (Here is where it gets wild.)

The Rebels missed a FT and fouled on the rebound. Gallatin hit 1 of 2 FT to make it 65-61. After the rebound Owen had a runout to salt the game away, but A Rebel player shoved a Wildcat player and was assessed a technical.

Gallatin hit 1 of 2 to make it 65-62 with 16 seconds remaining.

On the inbounds play Edmondson nailed a fadeaway 3 to send the game to OT. With the game tied at 69 Edmondson drove the lane and scored to make 71-69 with 1:00 left. Owen had the last shot, but their 3 pointer missed the mark.

Is Owen better than advertised or did Gallatin play poorly? I thought this would be 10 plus win for Gallatin

Owen is better than advertised. They are 11-4 with 3 losses being 51-48 to Henry Co., 75-74 to Frankfort on a last second shot, and tonight's loss. Their other loss was 70-46 at Gallatin.

Gallatin played a flawless 1st half, but did not execute on offense as well in the 2nd half.

Plus any team that has Daniel Neeley is going to be good. He is a special player.

Two good teams that fight hard to the end. Gallatin did not protect the ball well in the second half and Neeley just went off on them. After watching this game I might have to agree with an earlier post that has Gallatin a double digit winner if Owen doesn't have Neeley.

It was a fun game. Both teams played in spurts and both teams disappeared for awhile. The bottom line, they may see each other two more times and I'ld like to be the host. Gallatin had as many fans as Owen. The gym at Eminence will not be big enough if they meet in the class A finals.

It was a fun game. Both teams played in spurts and both teams disappeared for awhile. The bottom line, they may see each other two more times and I'ld like to be the host. Gallatin had as many fans as Owen. The gym at Eminence will not be big enough if they meet in the class A finals.

That brings up an excellent point. The last time the "A" was there (I think it was '99), Eminence cleared out the gym between games, for seating purposes. I hear that they are not planning on doing that now. Any thoughts on that?

It went to the wire, even overtime, but the Gallatin County Wildcats hold on for a 71-69 win over the Owen County Rebels tonight at Owenton. The Wildcats blew a 18 point lead and even trailed by as many as 4 with under a minute to go. But a technical foul called on Zack Miller from Owen County as he got what we believe was a finger in the eye put Taylor Jones at the Free Throw line. Taylor made 1 of 2. That cut the defecit to 3. A time out called by Coach Jones set up a Nate Edmondson three pointer with 3 seconds left in regulation to tie it up. Dan Neeley raced down the floor and missed a shot with .07 left to send the game to overtime. The Wildcats went up 4 quickly but came back and had the defecit cut to 2 with just 22 seconds to go. Jordan Downey fired up a three pointer at the buzzer that was missed giving the Wildcats the win. Taylor Jones was named the Hometown Pizza Star of the Game for his efforts. Nate Edmondson dropped 25 points to pace the Wildcats.

Scoring by Quarter:

Gallatin Co: 18 23 10 14 (6 OT) - 71

Owen Co: 17 10 17 11 (4 OT) - 69

Individual Scoring:

Nate Edmondson - 25 points

Cody Perkins - 18 points

Taylor Jones - 11 points

Scott Brown - 5 points

Jared Carlton - 5 points

Josh Giles - 2 points

David Henson - 2 points

Trent Maddox - 2 points

J.R. Davis - 1 point

The win gives the Wildcats a 10 game win streak and a 14-2 record. They complete 31st district competition this Saturday when the Carroll County Panthers come to Warsaw on Hall Of Fame Induction Night.