Grant County 53 Williamstown 34

Big rivalry and seed game in Dry Ridge.  Actually a better game than the final score would indicate.  Billtown came out and played with a lot of energy in the first half, were down 9/10 points at the half.  Came out in the second half and tied the game at 30 each.  Then the energy left and fatigue set in, were out scored 23 to 4 the rest of the way.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

Although there is no way it is a 19 point difference?

The final score shows a 19 point difference, but it was a lot closer than that. Williamstown couldn’t hit a 3 all night. They’re just going to have to play is dirty as GC. if they would’ve hit a few threes in the third quarter it could’ve changed the momentum. they held their own, but just ran out of steam. And I mean it, the refs showed a lot of favoritism.

1 hour ago, StevnASmith said:

Williamstown got a lot of breaks? That’s hilarious. 

They certainly got a break when the one Feagan kid took both hands an shoved the GC kid, that should have been a F2 call, ejection.  It's guys like you that makes this game such a good rivalry.

6 minutes ago, StevnASmith said:

That Feagan kid was smacked in the balls on purpose by that Utter kid. He won’t back down. Always two sides to the story my friend. And how is it a rivalry when one school is four times bigger? Never mind being a few miles apart. 

What I saw with my own eyes was the GC kid chest bump the Feagan kid and then the retaliation.  I always thought the closeness of schools help generate a rivalry.  Size of schools have nothing to do with a rivalry game.  Every basketball game I have ever watched, only 5 kids could play at one time, maybe I've been missing something.

5 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

What I saw with my own eyes was the GC kid chest bump the Feagan kid and then the retaliation.  I always thought the closeness of schools help generate a rivalry.  Size of schools have nothing to do with a rivalry game.  Every basketball game I have ever watched, only 5 kids could play at one time, maybe I've been missing something.

Bigger pool of kids. I guess I’m making the story up. Lol no way they play dirty, right? 

1 hour ago, StevnASmith said:

Bigger pool of kids. I guess I’m making the story up. Lol no way they play dirty, right? 

Bigger pool of kids does not always make a difference. Many A schools compete with 6a schools in basketball all the time. This means Williamstown and WV are more of a rivalry than GC and Williamstown?