Male 47 Trinity 45

Couldn't get Tanner the ball? He had it on plenty of trips, instead of feeling the double, triple and sometimes quadruple teams and passing it to the perimeter he insists on shooting it. He is a beast on the boards, don't get me wrong but when Male's tallest player is 6'2" and Jacobs and Robey combine for 11 points there is something wrong. Both of them should own the boards and have all the put backs they want.

What Trinity has to figure out is who are the shooters on the team. With a shoot first point guard who struggles shooting you are going to be in trouble. Going 4-19 against Henry Clay at the pt guard spot and losing in OT is crazy. You have a solid two guard who is avering 15-16 ppg and gets maybe 2 plays ran to him all game.

:thumb: From the limited amount of times that I have seen Trinity this year, these are the problems that I have noticed as well.

Couldn't get Tanner the ball? He had it on plenty of trips, instead of feeling the double, triple and sometimes quadruple teams and passing it to the perimeter he insists on shooting it. He is a beast on the boards, don't get me wrong but when Male's tallest player is 6'2" and Jacobs and Robey combine for 11 points there is something wrong. Both of them should own the boards and have all the put backs they want.

What Trinity has to figure out is who are the shooters on the team. With a shoot first point guard who struggles shooting you are going to be in trouble. Going 4-19 against Henry Clay at the pt guard spot and losing in OT is crazy. You have a solid two guard who is avering 15-16 ppg and gets maybe 2 plays ran to him all game. Beaumont has 4,5 and sometimes 6 screens for him and our 2 guard gets 2 plays per game. When your pt guard averages double the shots of Chambless and Jacobs you are going to struggle. Not sure what is going on there.

Amen brother. I was speaking mostly about the 4th quarter of the game. Male was packed in on Tanner and the Rocks were up by maybe 3 or 4 with 3 minutes to go. Instead of holding the ball and forcing the Dawgs to come out we kept trying to penetrate or pass the ball into Tanner. Didn't seem very smart to me.

Trinity seems to have a problem with ballhandling, plus lazy passing at times. They really struggle to get Jacobs the ball, they play really hard and Jacobs dominates the boards, plus they play decent defense, which is winning them games.