Alum Nick Bosler named new Trinity Freshman football head coach

#RockNation

Trinity Names New Head Freshman Football Coach | TrinityRocks

Nick is an outstanding person and should be a perfect fit for what the Rocks are trying to do going forward. He served as the Freshman OC and as an analyst under Beatty/Coverdale for a while before coaching in the public ranks. He has a solid grasp of modern football principles and concepts and will bring a teacher's mindset to the job. I'm not sure there was a better candidate in the area than Nick. ☘️ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I'd say the Frosh coach at Trinity is a pretty important role. Congrats to Coach Bosler. 

I would say after the head varsity coach and coordinators, it is the next most important role in the football program. 

• Like 2

On 10/31/2022 at 2:54 PM, theguru said:

I would say after the head varsity coach and coordinators, it is the next most important role in the football program. 

100% agree. The development of the freshmen in a post-Covid landscape is dire and is realistically more of a teacher role than coach. Many of these kids didn't play in those formative years due to the shuttering of the CSAA and with what Trinity tries to do offensively and defensively, they are no doubt behind the curve from a conceptual standpoint. Cobb is most certainly someone who values concept and technique over many other aspects of the game and that starts day one on the field, in the film rooms and in the weight room. It is probably the most valuable gift that Beatty brought to Trinity with his style all those years ago. 

• Like 3