LSU 66 UConn 49

letabrotherspeak

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's very easy to say if you aren't in charge of a brand new team. He protected his young group early. We'll see how it plays out...

He protected his young group early.

So did he not schedule UK because they didn't have enough offense (49 points worth appearently). Or did he not schedule them because he was protecting his young group? It can't be both..

He say's UK didn't have the offense.. I think he's a liar, and a bad one at that. His squad is the one without an offense.

So did he not schedule UK because they didn't have enough offense (49 points worth appearently). Or did he not schedule them because he was protecting his young group? It can't be both..

He say's UK didn't have the offense.. I think he's a liar, and a bad one at that.

I'm pretty sure the quote you keep bringing up is a response to scheduling UK over LSU. If UK played UConn right now, it's a game that UK should win. I'm far from a Calhoun or UConn fan, but UK fans twisting his quote is a riot...

I'm pretty sure the quote you keep bringing up is a response to scheduling UK over LSU. If UK played UConn right now, it's a game that UK should win. I'm far from a Calhoun or UConn fan, but UK fans twisting his quote is a riot...

Well GT, he ripped the UK program. He brought it on himself.

What reason does he have to look up at UK? Come on...

No reason to look up at them.. However there is no need for him to rip the program either.. As in saying, UK didn't have the offense to play his team.. Which scored 49 against an SEC opponent.. Get real.

What reason does he have to look up at UK? Come on...

Not saying it in T-Cats terms but he (Calhoun) pretty much said that UConn would not benefit from playing a team like UK. I feel that saying that is very cocky and not showing any class on the college level. Seriously, UConn could easily beat UK, but no need to talk about another team like that. IMO, its a classic case of a coach trying to put down UK's style of play.

Truth be told, style of play has hurt UK in the recruiting department the last couple of years. No need to publicly attack that by Calhoun.

No reason to look up at them.. However there is no need for him to rip the program either.. As in saying, UK didn't have the offense to play his team.. Which scored 49 against an SEC opponent.. Get real.

They scored 49 against what was considered a better SEC opponent. That was the point...

Not saying it in T-Cats terms but he pretty much said that UConn would not benefit from playing a team like UK. I feel that saying that is very cocky and not showing any class on the college level. Seriously, UConn could easily beat UK, but no need to talk about another team like that. IMO, its a classic case of a coach trying to put down UK's style of play.

Truth be told, style of play has hurt UK in the recruiting department the last couple of years. No need to publicly attack that by Calhoun.

Why not? Because it might hurt UK? I'm sure that was a big part of why he said it. You can't be the "big dog" and expect to be treated like a baby...

They scored 49 against what was considered a better SEC opponent. That was the point...

So I guess UK would have held them to less?

His reasoning for not playing UK was their 'slow' style of play.. LSU is quicker but only allowed his team 49 points?...

I guess UK would have allowed them 35...

No wonder he didn't want to play them...:rolleyes:

True, true. But why not be a big dawg and ACT like a big dawg?

Maybe because he just sent a full roster to the NBA. He was asked about a game with LSU over UK and said what was on his mind. It got him back tonight. You know what they say about karma...

Not saying it in T-Cats terms but he (Calhoun) pretty much said that UConn would not benefit from playing a team like UK.

Do you seriously believe UConn has a more efficient offense than UK this season? They scored 49 against LSU.. c'mon..

Do you seriously believe UConn has a more efficient offense than UK this season? They scored 49 against LSU.. c'mon..

UK's offense hasn't really been all that consistent. If your asking me if UK could beat UConn, I'll say yes (7 out of 10 times). UK just doesn't give me the consistency that I need to be confident enough to say 90% of the time.

UK's offense hasn't really been all that consistent. If your asking me if UK could beat UConn, I'll say yes (7 out of 10 times). UK just doesn't give me the consistency that I need to be confident enough to say 90% of the time.

I'll agree with that.. It'll be hard to find any decent team UK (or any team for that matter) can beat 90% of the time..

Im just trying to figure out where Calhoun was coming from, when he said UK didn't have the offense to prepare his team for conference play, hence scheduleing LSU, not to mention the 85 high school teams in OOC play.. Personally I think he's been hitting the pipe to much. But who knows, maybe he's on to something and LSU will hold UK to 25 in conference play.. Somehow I doubt that's the truth though.