Covington Catholic at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Who Wins?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wns

• Highlands
    • Covington Catholic

Rivalries like this is what makes High School sports so much fun!  There isn't any bigger school rivalry in NKY, I don't care what sport it is when players from Highlands and Cov Cath come together to compete against each other it just feels different than any other game in NKY.

I have been jumping up and down ever since I rolled out of bed counting down the minutes before we hit the pitch tonight.  The Birds season ended last year by the feet of these Colonels after not being able to score on that perfectly mowed pitch at St. Henry High School. Losing in PKs and then watching this Cov Cath team maneuver their way to the State Finals.....everyone in Fort Thomas kept saying "should have been us"..... 

Highlands comes into this game a little jaded after falling surprisingly to Conner 2-1, who Cov Cath beat earlier in the season 2-0.  Cov Cath on the other hand just got embarrassed by Trinity on Saturday 5-0.  Which makes this game even bigger in my mind with both programs wanting to make a statement that their last game was a fluke. 

The Ozone at Tower Park will be hopping for sure and I am guessing there will be a large contingent of Colonel Crazies that venture over from Park Hills to cheer their team on.  The atmosphere will be electric.

I am excited, you excited????

#GOBIRDS    

#BEATCOLONELS!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2-1 Final, thought there might be some last second fireworks. 

Going to have to check the stream on a breakaway the Birds had with less then 2 min the Birds attacker had just the goal keeper to beat, but then Cov Cath goalie blew up the attacker. Birds fans wanted a foul called but the ref apparently said it was a clean challenge/tackle no call…..the place went nuts.

Well until we hopefully meet again!