Pulaski County 34 Belfry 21

I wasn't able to follow this one as I was at my nephew's game. Just got some second hand info.

Belfry had seven starting positions filled by Freshmen! 

From what I heard, Belfry came out and executed beautifully in the 1st Quarter to take the early lead. Then Pulaski made some good adjustments on offense and defense, coupled with some key Belfry injuries and Belfry turnovers/miscues. Pulaski played like the more veteran team.

Pulaski put a nice drive together to make it 14-7 in the 2nd before the Half then took the kickoff an proceeded to drive again to make it 14-14. Belfry had two big fumbles. One in the Pulaski red zone as they were driving and the other deep in their own territory to set up a very short field. The nail in the coffin was a blocked punt that was scooped up and taken to the house.

Dugger from Pulaski was tough and made some big throws. The Abbott kid was all over the field on Defense and may have been the best player out there. Godby picked up where he left off last year as one of the better WR's in the State and the Nichols kid had a solid game at HB.

For Belfry I know Woolum and Sophomore FB/LB Isaiah Stanley both got banged up. Pulaksi played the FB very well. Belfry still finished with over 300 yards of offense and their Freshman QB looks very good throwing the ball.

Freshman HB Ace Caudill had a big debut and if the next Belfry name to remember. He is the son of former Belfry star HB Jonah Caudill from the early 2000s and nephew to HB Micah Caudill from the mid to late 90s'. Jonah was Belfry's all-time rushing leader when he graduated and Micah was pretty high on that list himself. Much like his bloodlines, Ace won't ever be a big, physical, imposing back.. but he will be quick as a cat with great acceleration and speed. I think Caudill ended with well over 150+ yards including a nearly 50 yard TD run.

• Thanks 1