Walton-Verona - 2022 Schedule

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 7:30 PM, Kenny Powers said:

What does it take for WV to take the next step? Each year I hear that Coach Barth has a lot of talent and the future is bright but it never seems to materialize. What needs to happen for WV to make a deep playoff run? 

Disagree with this on several levels. First, he went lost to the state champions in the regional finals in 2012 and has got there several more times and with a state semi final in 2018 losing to Mayfield. He just does not have the talent level of Mayfield and Beechwood and LCA type schools. The community/school/parent commitment is not at the level of those schools. Single digit participation in the weight room and team numbers in the 30's to 40's range also hinder this. Could go on and on but until these issues change it will be difficult.  

34 minutes ago, The sarge said:

Disagree with this on several levels. First, he went lost to the state champions in the regional finals in 2012 and has got there several more times and with a state semi final in 2018 losing to Mayfield. He just does not have the talent level of Mayfield and Beechwood and LCA type schools. The community/school/parent commitment is not at the level of those schools. Single digit participation in the weight room and team numbers in the 30's to 40's range also hinder this. Could go on and on but until these issues change it will be difficult.  

Agree or disagree you just answered my question. Thank you. Hopefully, Coach Barth can get the community/player buy in at a higher level and get to the next level. Would love to see another NKY team make a jump. 

9 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Agree or disagree you just answered my question. Thank you. Hopefully, Coach Barth can get the community/player buy in at a higher level and get to the next level. Would love to see another NKY team make a jump. 

Agree!

On 7/14/2022 at 7:37 AM, Kenny Powers said:

Hopefully, Coach Barth can get the community/player buy in at a higher level and get to the next level.

That’s going to be hard to do with a field so far from the school. The thing that hurts is when you have a parent of a player telling people “it’s not a football town”. “If my oldest would have went somewhere different he’d be D1”. That’s not how you create a winning program. Just look at what happens from when they play district games to when they play someone in 3rd round. In my opinion they will stay average. 

3 hours ago, KYFootballFanz said:

That’s going to be hard to do with a field so far from the school. The thing that hurts is when you have a parent of a player telling people “it’s not a football town”. “If my oldest would have went somewhere different he’d be D1”. That’s not how you create a winning program. Just look at what happens from when they play district games to when they play someone in 3rd round. In my opinion they will stay average. 

I understand what you are saying. That is tough. However, no matter what situation you have, you are always going to have parents/fans/etc. saying things against the program no matter how much success they have. Heck, I played for Coach Mueller and I legitimately know of people who thought he should "move on" because they didn't like the offense he ran... the reason? It didn't showcase their son.  Coach Barth is going to have to face that type of PR stuff and overcome it. 

• Like 2