9th Region Historical HR Information

For you NKY baseball historians/stat guru's out there...

Beechwood junior outfielder Cameron Boyd hit three HR's yesterday vs. Holy Cross. This is the second time this season Boyd has hit three homers in a game. He now leads the state with 14 HR's. 

Wondering if anyone know the 9th Region/NKY HR record? In reviewing historical info, I found Matt Berger (CovCath) hit 17 in 1992 and Pat Eschan (Conner) hit 15 in 1998. As most of you know, the KHSAA record book is hit or miss in terms of whether or not all correct information is reported/accurate. Example - Berger's 17 HR in 92 are not listed. 

Thx in advance .

• Thanks 2

I don't know how many Frank Jacobs had in a single year, or for his career, but I can tell you it was not only a lot, but on today's fields, he would have a lot more.  Thomas More didn't have a fence back then and he hit one about 450 feet against CovCath but was thrown out -- would be a dinger in every stadium in the state now.

However, none of that is to take anything from Cameron, he is OUTSTANDING, a fine young man, from a great family, and I'm such a fan of his on the courts and the diamond!!

• Like 2