Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitching in the 13th?

Featured Replies

What do you say your top 3 are? I'd say

1)Smith-South Laurel

2)Hoskins-M'Boro

3)Chamberlain-Cumberland

Shelly from Williamsburg is a force on the mound.

How about Pittman from middlesboro, Scalf from Knox, McCumbers from Whitley, Smith from Harlan, These guys have to be better than your 2 and 3.

I agree 100 percent with dog's Top 3.....Ive never saw Smith throw but hear he is quite a pitcher......Hoskins from Mboro is a little wild at times but is a true fireballer.....and Chamberlain isnt the hardest of throwers but has great off speed and breaking pitches, and always seems to find a way to win.

I'd have to say Smith is the best in the 13th, he had a good year last year.

any other new prospects on the mound this year?

any other new prospects on the mound this year?

 

Martin from South Laurel and Greer from Bell Co. could have breakout years. Cashen and Hamlin from Corbin should be very good this year as well.

One of Bell's players said that Greer was clocked at 86-87 at a showcase in Western Kentucky. Maybe someone from Bell can give some insight on this.

One of Bell's players said that Greer was clocked at 86-87 at a showcase in Western Kentucky. Maybe someone from Bell can give some insight on this.

 

Not a chance. The kid is a good pitcher right now and could develop into a great pitcher, but there is no way he was clocked at 86-87. I would say he is more in the 80-81 region with decent off-speed.

Not a chance. The kid is a good pitcher right now and could develop into a great pitcher, but there is no way he was clocked at 86-87. I would say he is more in the 80-81 region with decent off-speed.

You need to ask the Tolliver kid that was there with Greer, he would know. Not a chance, you sound like a professional scout.

Not a chance. The kid is a good pitcher right now and could develop into a great pitcher, but there is no way he was clocked at 86-87. I would say he is more in the 80-81 region with decent off-speed.

 

I have been told that Greer threw in the mid to upper 80's at this event.

You need to ask the Tolliver kid that was there with Greer, he would know. Not a chance, you sound like a professional scout.

 

 

I'm no professional but I do know a lot about the game. However, it doesn't take a professional scout to conclude that Greer can't throw 86-87. I've seen the kid throw on several occasions and I maintain my statement about him throwing 80-81 with decent off-speed.

 

Just so you know, Smith from South Laural throws about 86-87 and he is a solid D1 pitcher.

 

I would also argue that Nelson is the best pitcher on Bell County's squad.

I was at the district game middlesboro vs bell i seen greer pitch it was far from mid to upper 80s. decent pitcher but the kid has no offspeed pitch to go with his fastball. The game i watched was over in 5 innings middlesboro mercy ruled bell. he must have made a drastic change. I would have to see it to believe it.

i look for pittman from middlesboro to have a standout season. He has worked hard in the off season and gained 2-3 mph on his fastball. Has great offspeed pitches to go with it. The last time i seen the kid he looked like he had grown about an inch or two and put on some muscle.

i look for pittman from middlesboro to have a standout season. He has worked hard in the off season and gained 2-3 mph on his fastball. Has great offspeed pitches to go with it. The last time i seen the kid he looked like he had grown about an inch or two and put on some muscle.

 

 

I look for John Smith from Harlan to have a good year pitching, even though he didn't play last year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.