Girls' Elite 8!!!

As stated in the Sweet 16 thread at the end we still have #1, #2, #3 and #9 still alive.  Unfortunately after this round, 2 of those teams will be GONE!  On the flip side we have #14, #28, #51, #56 in the other 2 games so 2 of those teams will be part of the Final Four.  

We have 3 games tonight and then the biggest matchup #1 NDA vs #2 Lex Cath on Saturday.

Here is the official matchups:

Tonight, Thursday Oct 21st:

#3 South Oldham versus #9 Bardstown

#14 West Jessamine versus #56 South Laurel

#28 Ohio County versus #51 Henderson County

Saturday, Oct 23rd:

#1 NDA versus #2 Lexington Catholic

Good Luck tonight ladies!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to Girls' Elite 8!!!
5 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

As stated in the Sweet 16 thread at the end we still have #1, #2, #3 and #9 still alive.  Unfortunately after this round, 2 of those teams will be GONE!  On the flip side we have #14, #28, #51, #56 in the other 2 games so 2 of those teams will be part of the Final Four.  

We have 3 games tonight and then the biggest matchup #1 NDA vs #2 Lex Cath on Saturday.

Here is the official matchups:

Tonight, Thursday Oct 21st:

#3 South Oldham versus #9 Bardstown

#14 West Jessamine versus #56 South Laurel

#28 Ohio County versus #51 Henderson County

Saturday, Oct 23rd:

#1 NDA versus #2 Lexington Catholic

Good Luck tonight ladies!

LexCath/NDA game moves from 5PM to 4PM according to Scoreboard

59 minutes ago, SoccerDaddy said:

Thanks. My soccer player is a senior this year. Wish I would’ve found BGP’s 4 years ago.  Love reading through past threads.

Thanks for the kind words about BGP, we have a great community. 

RECAP OF TONIGHT'S ELITE 8 games

#51 (yes #51) Henderson County smokes #28 Ohio County, 5-0

#3 South Oldham annihilates #9 Bardstown, 8-1

• Is South Oldham for REAL??? That score has got to be a statement maker!

#14 West Jessamine wins over #56 South Laurel, 3-0

One spot left but we will have to wait until Saturday to see if it will be #1 NDA or #2 Lex Cath......

Final spot in the Final Four is taken

A little scary in Park Hills for a brief minute.  Lex Cath nailed a mid field bomb to put a goal in to take the 1-0 lead!  It didn't take long before NDA equalized the score.  NDA then finished the game out with a 2nd half goal to take the VICTORY and earn the trip to the Final Four.

@Big Redif you would be so kind and add any other commentary feel free.....

It was a good, tough, well played game.  That mid field bomb was awesome.  We have seen some good ones, but that was about as impressive of a free kick as I have seen.  Would have been interesting to get a radar gun on that ball.

I find it difficult to give a bunch of commentary.  Lex Cath packed it in from the on set, and as mentioned hit a great shot on a free kick, then kept it packed in.  NDA possessed most of the game, and Lex Cath tried to play the ball out long every time.

Lex Cath strength, I would say, is in their back line, but the talk amongst The Panda parents was that it was a surprise that they came out in a defensive (9-10 back) formation.  I'm not criticizing their game plan, but folks were surprised to see it from the #2 rpi team.  Lex Cath definitely has some high end players on defense. 

Not NDA's best execution of play, were a bit tentative shooting in the first half, but settled in the second half.  Lex Cath did a nice job focusing their defense on Feldman, Ruthsatz, and Simkonis.  It did leave a gap outside the box where Kennedy Clark was able to be the difference maker in the second half.  NDA created several other chances that were taken away by a few questionable off sides calls.  Stressful, but happy to get the win and move on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2