NKY Top 10, Oct 4th edition DISTRICT WEEK!

I am going to make this very simple this week.  I didn’t see anything last week that warrants any musical chair movement.  The Maher Rankings also agrees with me to stay pat.  Here are the stats and what’s on tap for first game districts:

1. NDA 19-0-1 (Maher Ranking #1)

• First district game vs Holmes tonight

2. HIGHLANDS 11-4-1 (Maher Ranking #2)

• First district game vs NCC, Wed (Championship game)

3. DIXIE 12-6-2 (Maher Ranking #3)

• First district game tomorrow night vs Ludlow

4. CAMPBELL COUNTY 13-4-2 (Maher Ranking #4)

• First district game was tonight, they already beat Calvary Christian 3-0, up next winner of Brossart/Scott on Thursday

5. CONNER 9-8-4 (Maher Ranking #7)

• First district game tomorrow night vs. Cooper

6. RYLE 8-3-5 (Maher Ranking #6)

• First district game tomorrow night vs Boone County

7. COOPER 13-4-1 (Maher Ranking #8)

• First district game tomorrow night vs. Conner

8. SIMON KENTON 6-9-3 (Maher Ranking #5)

• First district game Wed vs Walton Verona (Championship game)

9. BEECHWOOD 9-5-2 (Maher Ranking #10)

• First district game was tonight, they beat Holy Cross 2-1, next up winner of Holmes/NDA for Championship on Wednesday

10. BISHOP BROSSART 9-7-1 (Maher Ranking #9)

• First district game tonight versus Scott

It is crazy to think we have already 1 casualty of a team that started in Top 10 with Holy Cross’s season finished with their lose earlier this evening.  We will also be seeing Cooper or Conner who have enjoyed a Top 10 spot ALL SEASON come to a close tomorrow night.  I know St. Henry never did break the Top 10 but they played some good soccer this season and their season is now over.

Sorry for late publication but been a busy day in my “day job” lol

Enjoy these last few moments of soccer either playing, coaching or watching your kids do what they love!!!!

SURVIVE AND ADVANCE!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

• Like 1

The Beechwood Holy Cross game was a much better game than the first time around. 0-0 end of the first half then Beechwood scored 15 minutes into the second half.  Holy Cross tied it up with a long shot by Addison Saalfeld then the defensive battle continued. As the rain started and the sun set regulation ended in a tie, then the first OT ended in a tie.  Beechwood put the ball on the back of the net about midway through the second OT.  As much as I would have loved to see the Indians win, I am glad it didn’t come down to shooting PKs in the dark in the rain on a muddy grass field.  

• Thanks 1

NDA beat Holmes 10-0, and the only thing to comment on is to double down on prior comment that 17-0 is NOT necessary.  
Holmes parents were vocal at the game cheering their kids on, and were vocal in appreciation of good sportsmanship.  
Hopefully due to weather, NDA vs Beechwood is moved to not be played at Holy Cross

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Big Red said:

NDA beat Holmes 10-0, and the only thing to comment on is to double down on prior comment that 17-0 is NOT necessary.  
Holmes parents were vocal at the game cheering their kids on, and were vocal in appreciation of good sportsmanship.  
Hopefully due to weather, NDA vs Beechwood is moved to not be played at Holy Cross

Well done keeping it classy! 

• Like 1

From the Late Night Sports Desk

Here are the run down of the first night of the District games:

32nd District:

Walton Verona takes care of Grant County, 10-0

34th District:

Villa Madonna in a titanic struggle pulls out the victory against St. Henry, 1-0 (in PKs)

35th District:

Beechwood beats Holy Cross, 2-1

NDA dominates Holmes, 10-0

36th District:

NCC puts a 10 spot against Dayton, 10-0

37th District:

Campbell County blanks Calvary Christian, 3-0

Brossart shuts out Scott, 5-0

TUESDAY’S GAMES:

33rd District:

Ryle versus Boone Co

Cooper versus Conner

• Any chance this game is being streamed???  This should be a great game to watch!

34th District:

Dixie versus Ludlow

• If KHSAA scoreboard is correct Dixie needs 10 goals to reach 100, good thing they dropped a 17 spot on Holmes to make sure they get to this Twitter photo op waiting to happen.
  • Haha 1

From the Nightly Sports Desk

The big time game wasn’t as close as we would have hoped for.  Conner comes back to redeem their lose in PKs earlier in the season against Cooper to walk away victorious when it counted, 4-2!!!  Cooper who made their way up to #3 in NKY during the middle of the regular season just couldn’t finish strong and now are done for the season!

The other 2 match ups tonight were snoozers with:

Ryle beating Boone County, 4-0

Dixie winning against Ludlow, you guessed it 10-0.  Which was them i guess pulling back some since they beat Ludlow 15-0 in the regular season. Still waiting for the Twitter photo op with the 100 GOALS made with soccer balls.

WEDNESDAY’S GAMES:

32nd District Championship game:

Walton Verona vs Simon Kenton

35th District Championship game:

Notre Dame vs Beechwood

36th District Championship game:

Highlands vs NCC

None of these Championship games should be close, I will be very shocked if any are closer then a 2 or 3 goal differential.  Simon Kenton, Notre Dame and Highlands should be raising Distrct Champ Trophies tomorrow night.  The Silver lining is all of these teams will move on to next week Regionals!!! Congratulations.

GOOD LUCK LADIES!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

WOW as you can see on the other thread NDA had to sweat a little to get by Beechwood who apparently played goal line defense for the entire game to take a chance in PKs and it almost worked.

Simon Kenton and Highlands on the other hand had a pretty fun night scoring a lot of goals and not needing extra time.

Highlands did have a tough 1st half not being able to find the back of the net only having a 1-0 lead at half, BUT as soon as 2nd half started you could tell Highlands had the energy to just dominate the offense and did they ever, pumping 5 goals in the net in the 2nd half.  They displayed a lot of nice passes and possession which says a lot on that goat ranch of a field at Morsher Field.

Simon Kenton produced a shut out in their finals match against Walton Verona, winning 5-0!

Thursday’s Championship games

33rd District Championship game:

Ryle versus Conner

34th District Championship game:

Dixie versus Villa Madonna

9th Region Miscellaneous Information

• The Regional draw to put together the 9th Region bracket will be done at 9am on Friday morning at Boone County High School
  • First Round games will be played at each of the 4 District Winner’s Home Fields on Monday night
  • 9th Region Semis will be held on Wed night at Boone County High School
  • 9th Region Finals will be held on Saturday at Boone County High School at 7:30pm
    • Boys 9th Region Final will be the Undercard game on Saturday at 4pm at Boone County H.S.

Good luck Ladies!  We having fun yet?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We had some low scoring affairs tonight.

Conner lucked out on a Ryle own goal to win the 33rd District, 1-0

Dixie beat Villa Madonna in the 34th District, 3-0

Campbell County beat a little more easily Brossart, 2-0

The 9th Region field is set with the Champs and Runner Ups for the draw.  Hearing 2 different things when the draw might be, either tomorrow morning or Saturday.  I’ll post as soon as I get confirmation.

District Champs:  Conner, Dixie, NDA and Highlands

District Runner Ups:  Ryle, Villa Madonna, Beechwood, NCC

Ready for Next week!