NKY Top 10, Sep 13th edition

@Frank - 3 things:

1)  Your #3-8 "ish" rankings are getting tougher and tougher.  I think could be open for some friendly debates this week!

2) Kudos to your Lady Birds.  "Interesting" start in the preseason.  Clearly nice job by coaching staff and kids, as they continue to improve and clearly still a top team in the state.  Sure to be another epic battle Saturday.

3) I think we have a better picture of the state wide competition.  I'm not sure NDA got Sacred Heart's A game, but I've seen South Oldham and they are the real deal.   I'll be interested to see the pending results of South Oldham vs. Sacred Heart and Assumption.  Lexington Catholic has some big time individual talent, but not impressive as a team with their style of play.

5 hours ago, Big Red said:

@Frank - 3 things:

1)  Your #3-8 "ish" rankings are getting tougher and tougher.  I think could be open for some friendly debates this week!

2) Kudos to your Lady Birds.  "Interesting" start in the preseason.  Clearly nice job by coaching staff and kids, as they continue to improve and clearly still a top team in the state.  Sure to be another epic battle Saturday.

3) I think we have a better picture of the state wide competition.  I'm not sure NDA got Sacred Heart's A game, but I've seen South Oldham and they are the real deal.   I'll be interested to see the pending results of South Oldham vs. Sacred Heart and Assumption.  Lexington Catholic has some big time individual talent, but not impressive as a team with their style of play.

I totally agree with the Rankings.  This past weeks games really didn't help matters.  Especially with Dixie/Ryle game.  I thought it would be #4-8 would be the tough job but then Dixie does what they did.  

I appreciate the compliment in #2, I think they have progressed nicely!  First time we played NDA was only Game #3 for the Birds.  I am hoping with this being Game #11 it will be even more of a BATTLE!  I can't wait.

I am still waiting to hear anything out of the Sacred Heart fan base to justify their performance this past week.  Getting crushed by you is one thing but basically going down to the wire and sneaking a corner kick in as your only goal vs. Dunbar with 5 min left in the game to just win 1-0 is the shocker in my opinion!  As far as South Oldham goes I hear you, they have had a tough schedule and have only the loss against you guys.  And guess what?  In the last few days we have found out that we picked them up on our schedule.  Highlands travels to South Oldham for a Saturday battle, Sept 25th......like we needed another tough game on our schedule.  

WEEKEND UPDATE RUN DOWN BEFORE I GET SOME MUCH NEEDED SLEEP FOR TOMORROW:

#1 NDA vs #2 HIGHLANDS, 5PM @ LEX CATH TOURNEY

• Commentary on Tourney thread

#3 DIXIE @ SCOTT, NOON

• I guess Dixie will get themselves warmed up for a nice battle in the near future next week against the Birds.

#5 CAMPBELL CO @ CALVARY CHRISTIAN, 5PM

• Camp Co will roll in this one right over Calvary

#6 CONNER @ LAWRENCEBURG, IN, 11:30AM

• I don't know anything about Lawrenceburg.

#8 SIMON KENTON vs DUNBAR, 1PM

• Commentary on Tourney thread

Enjoy the day!!!!

Saturday wrap up scores:

#1 NDA beat #2 HIGHLANDS, 3-0

• commentary on tourney thread

#3 DIXIE crushes SCOTT, 11-1

#5 CAMPBELL CO crushes CALVARY 10-0

#6CONNER traveled to Indiana and got beat by LAWRENCEBURG in a close on 2-1

#8 SIMON KENTON couldn’t muster up a win all week in Lex Cath tourney falling 1-0 to DUNBAR