Lloyd 59 Conner 54

1 hour ago, PP1 said:

I did not see this coming.

Not to brag or anything, to be perfectly honest I did see it coming. 

I’ve been following Lloyd in their losses, and while they went through a horrible losing streak, they were still showing guts in their game, and a fiery intensity. 

Loss after loss can make folks discard them, but it felt like they were on the edge of something, and after starting the season 2-8 with an 8 game losing streak, they’ve now won 4 in a row against Holmes, Bishop Brossart, Ludlow, and now this serious signature win against Conner. 

Now that they're getting hot at the right time, they very well could win 3 of their last 4 regular season games, against NewCath, Paris, and Scott. The loss I see coming of course is against CovCath. 

It’s doubtful that in their district they can overcome the likes of Dixie or St. Henry, but they’re no push over, and whoever they face in the 34th tourney, which will likely be Dixie, they’re going to for sure give ‘em their best shot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PP1 said:

Okay Nostradamus.

Haha...I’ve been singing their praises on here since early February saying that nobody better sleep on them, so this is why I’m not surprised. Even in their losses, and even the bad losses, they’ll play their guts out to the very end, and they tend to control a super fast tempo with whoever they’re playing. No one it seems has been paying them any attention, and the 11-5 Conner Cougars look to be victims of that as well. This win for sure will make teams stand up and take notice...they certainly better. 

• Like 1