St. Henry 54 Newport Central Catholic 42 (9th Region Class A)

Needless to say it but Vieth sure is a game changer. He had over 30 of St. H’s points, but they were something like 1 of 18 from the 3. 

It was a rather painful game to watch. They’re actually pretty lucky that they got out of there with a win because The Breds, while maybe not the strongest Bred’s team we’ve seen in awhile is still no push over. 

The Cru’s “D” did pester them pretty good though, preventing them from really getting into a flow, yet NC still made a decent game of this that was close most of the way. 

Iles knocked down his share of 3’s, and if only a few more would’ve connected the final score might’ve been closer. Some down the stretch didn’t fall for him, and St H capitalized to widen the gap. 

They really need Pangallo’s help who is still out. Glad to see Baggett now starting as he is strong, solid, and has great body control. Will be interesting to see him progress because he has the potential to turn from “Baggett Who?” to a Beast. 

Good luck to the Cru going forward. Would love to see them win back to back All ‘A’ State Championships, which while difficult to do is very possible as I’m sure they’ll go in being a favorite if they get that far. They still need to get past Beechwood, and then Holy Cross. 

St. Henry can at times dominate and go on nice runs, but then other times I wonder when they’re going to kick it into gear. If they could learn to be dominant an entire game, they’d be unstoppable. While they won the All ‘A’ State last season, they almost didn’t get out of the 9th due to tough battles with NewCath and Beechwood, and while they amazed at the State A with incredible foul shooting that was like in the 90% range as a team, they still lagged in some of those games until turning it on. I wish they’d turn it on out of the gate, and just put teams away early.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, The Double Deuce said:

Kudos to NewCath, this score is much closer than I expected.

Thanks for the summary B-Ball-Fan, I really appreciate your write-ups on the games you followed.  Good stuff.

Thanks for the kind feedback Double Deuce. 👍

• Like 1