Sign in to follow this  
Mustang

Brossart High School Officially Announces Mike Code's Resignation and Scott Code's appointment as Head Coach

Bishop Brossart High School Administration regretfully announces the resignation of Mike Code as the boys basketball coach, but is excited that his longtime assistant coach and brother, Scott Code, will step into the role as our head coach.

Mike met with the players to announce that he would not return for a seventeenth season as the head coach of the Brossart Mustangs. Citing the challenges of his teaching position at Highlands and coaching at Brossart, he felt that he would be unable to do justice to both jobs under the present Covid protocols, leading to his decision.

Under Mike’s leadership the Mustangs were District Champions in 2006, 2007, and 2013; NKAC Division II Champions in 2005, 2007, and 2009; 10 th Region “A” Champs in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2019 and 2020. His 2007 Mustangs were All “A” State Champions. Mike was named the 10 th Region Coach of the Year in 2013-14. He was named the KABC 10 th Region Coach of the Year in 2007, 2016 and again this past season in 2020. He was the Ky Post and Enquirer Coach of the Year in 2007. Mike is a member of the 10 th Region, Northern Kentucky Sports, and the Northern Kentucky Athletic Director’s Hall of Fame.

“Spending the two years as an assistant coach and then 16 wonderful years as head coach, 12 of them alongside my brother Scott, were some of the best times of my life. This year has been difficult for everyone and the time demand that coaching and teaching take are extreme under the best of circumstances. Particularly when you live over 30 minutes away on a farm. I know the amount of time we spend working to produce a quality program and with the increased demands that COVID places elsewhere it would not be possible to do both my teaching and coaching jobs to the fullest extent to which I expect. As I have asked our players and coaches to hold themselves to a higher standard, I must do the same, myself,” Code said.

Scott Code served as Brossart’s varsity assistant from 2003-2007 and then served as the head coach of the Campbell County Camels from 2007 through 2010, going 49-32 over three seasons. He rejoined the Brossart staff in 2011 after serving for a year as an assistant coach at Thomas More University, and served as our JV coach for the next six seasons where he amassed an 81-27 record, before again assuming the varsity assistant role.

“I appreciate the opportunity given to me by the Brossart administration to carry on the tradition of excellence here at Brossart begun by my brother Mike and his predecessors. It has always been my dream to be the head coach of the Mustangs. Brossart is a special place, comprised of great kids and parents, where student athletes have the reputation for over-achieving on both the hardwood and in the classroom. Along with my dedicated assistants, I’m looking forward to the challenge.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Question for those in the know.  Has Mike Code stepped away permanently or is it just for this season?

He has not ruled out a return to the sidelines, perhaps returning as Scot's assistant at some point in the future, if and when his teaching status at Highlands allows.

33 minutes ago, Mustang said:

He has not ruled out a return to the sidelines, perhaps returning as Scot's assistant at some point in the future, if and when his teaching status at Highlands allows.

Got it, thanks.

Sign in to follow this