John Prine has died at 73 years old.

John Prine has written or sung a lot of songs that mean a lot to me. It's hard for anyone from the Bluegrass State to not nod and reflect a little when they listen to his song, "Paradise". And "Sam Stone", his song about a heroin addicted Vietnam veteran hits home to multiple generations of people in Kentucky now. John's version of our state song, "My Old Kentucky Home", might be my favorite recorded version of it, and Prine's cover of his best friend John Goodman's song "My Old Man" has brought me to tears multiple times over.

Regardless, tonight, after hearing that John Prine finally succumbed to Coronavirus, this song, my favorite of his, is the one that comes to mind.

Rest In Peace, John. Thanks for the tunes.

I’ve been listening to John Prine’s music since the 1970’s. My cousin was a big fan of his and he learned his songs and played them at family gatherings. He particularly like “Paradise”.

Prine was born and raised in the Chicago area but his parents were from Muhlenberg County Kentucky and they visited the area many times in his youth. He never lost his Kentucky connection.

John Prine will be missed!