Highlands 88 Boone County 59

Highlands did not miss. They were hot from the 3-pt line . Boone had momentum in the second quarter but couldn’t come back . The first quarter was 22-2 . Herrman had their only basketball but was taken out due to foul trouble . Parker fields contributed a lot in the second .

Highlands did not miss. They were hot from the 3-pt line . Boone had momentum in the second quarter but couldn’t come back . The first quarter was 22-2 . Herrman had their only basketball but was taken out due to foul trouble . Parker fields contributed a lot in the second .

Sam Vinson just doesn’t make a mistake with the basketball. Makes the best play 99.9% of the time. Whether it is to pass or shoot. Very impressive rebounder for a guard. And that tip dunk.....

Highlands continues to roll. Luke Muller led the Bluebirds with 23, followed by Bryson Cody with 19. Zach Barth added 12 on 4 3-pointers that didn’t touch anything but net. Sam Vinson had 10 with two impressive dunks in traffic. Parker Fields led Boone County with 17 points, followed by Tate Hermann with 9 points.

I’m not really sure why everyone is so shocked with how well Highlands is playing or their record. This group of juniors, sophomores, and freshmen have been good for a long time. If you’re familiar with NKY Basketball then you know how well these young men played together growing up. Luke Muller is as good a shooter as we’ve seen in the last few years in NKY, and now he’s 6’6” making him even tougher to guard. Sam Vinson is having an incredible year, and he has gotten himself to the point where he is playing at a different level than most others. Zach Barth shoots the lights out coming off the bench. Add in a couple of really good seniors and others who know their roles and you have an exceptional basketball team. This doesn’t surprise me at all how well they are playing, and I’m happy for them for their success.

I agree with the above posts. The group of juniors, soph and frosh have played a lot of ball together over the years and they have grown!! Vinson distributes the ball and gets the others great looks in which the birds have shooters to capitalize! They are long and lean and Vinson rebounds well!! If they have one issue it would be a real banger and post threat.

I have also watched Shumate play for years great handle. Will need to look to score more. Can’t help but love Fields plays just like my youngest. Not above the rim, not an exceptional athlete but what a complimentary player. Shows up in the box and would be exceptional with the right teammates. Just gets the work done!!