Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds 2007 closer -- Weathers signs

Featured Replies

  • Author
Relievers will lose games, part of the trade but when the Reds starters, for the most part are consistently allowing 5± runs per game, hard for the relievers to get that blame. Often times, changes are made with RISP and the Reds did a poor job, in that sense.

 

If they want to contend, must get a quality starter....If they want to pretend, that status quo.

As I posted in another thread, there was a stat in the Sunday Enquirer (I think that is where I read it.) The Reds starters had the 4th BEST ERA AWAY from GABP in the National League.

 

That would stand that they are not as bad as their reputation in the homer on the river.

 

And as far as the mindset of we just have the wrong pitchers, that may be true or we may be in the first stages of the mindset of the Rockies when they first began. And then realized that they will never have great pitching numbers in the Denver.

As I posted in another thread, there was a stat in the Sunday Enquirer (I think that is where I read it.) The Reds starters had the 4th BEST ERA AWAY from GABP in the National League.

 

That would stand that they are not as bad as their reputation in the homer on the river.

 

And as far as the mindset of we just have the wrong pitchers, that may be true or we may be in the first stages of the mindset of the Rockies when they first began. And then realized that they will never have great pitching numbers in the Denver.

Harang, Arroyo were the most consistent and Lohse, may be a 12-15 game winner or he may be a 10-12 guy...time will tell but as for the others, not impressed and how many starters did the Reds use last year, constantly searching for the #4 and #5....finally, moving up Arroyo in the rotation.
  • Author
Harang, Arroyo were the most consistent and Lohse, may be a 12-15 game winner or he may be a 10-12 guy...time will tell but as for the others, not impressed and how many starters did the Reds use last year, constantly searching for the #4 and #5....finally, moving up Arroyo in the rotation.

A BUNCH. I think Milton could easily fill the role of a #4 or #5 guy. Not a number #3. I think either a #2 or a #3 is the key spot they need.

 

#1 Harang

#2 lacking best if it was a lefty

#3 Arroyo

#4 Loshe

#5 Milton

A BUNCH. I think Milton could easily fill the role of a #4 or #5 guy. Not a number #3. I think either a #2 or a #3 is the key spot they need.

 

#1 Harang

#2 lacking best if it was a lefty

#3 Arroyo

#4 Loshe

#5 Milton

I'll leave Milton alone, I've stated too many times my thoughts on him.

 

If Lohse can have a good year, than Arroyo stay healthy and Harang keep improving, the Reds will have a chance. They are missing 2 starters, to help fill the slots and if they don't get, I don't see them being any better, ±5 games.

Market is bare is what I am hoping the answer is rather than administration is incapable of making good moves.

I would also hope that is the answer but it appears to be the same moves that have been made by the past ownership. IMO signing a player because the market has low value is not baseball savy. Then again the game now is not all about baseball, it really is not just a game anymore, it's a business with money being the deciding factor and to me that is a shame.

  • Author
I would also hope that is the answer but it appears to be the same moves that have been made by the past ownership. IMO signing a player because the market has low value is not baseball savy. Then again the game now is not all about baseball, it really is not just a game anymore, it's a business with money being the deciding factor and to me that is a shame.

You can copy that post and make it in the college sports threads too. Anything above DII and it is about money.

You can copy that post and make it in the college sports threads too. Anything above DII and it is about money.

I agree. It is also the deciding factor in all pro sports and the only thing that todays professional athlete is concerned about. As I said before, the game as we once knew it has turned into a business venture for all parties involved and the ones who suffer the most are the fans that buy the tickets.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.