Madisonville North-Hopkins 45 Franklin-Simpson 31

swamprat

Been another fun season following Franklin-Simpson football. Hate to see it end with a loss but that’s what happens to every school most of the time. Most of these seniors got to be part of two state champion teams and will be remembered for the rest of their lives.

Those of you who read the game updates I put on here have often seen the names of seniors Leo Stutzman, Tedric Partinger, Chase Gooch, Connor Rogers and others who carry the ball and have scored most of the touchdowns for FS this year. They also played huge roles on defense as well. I also want to mention seniors Dalton Hunter and A.J. Burr. These two young men were starters as sophomores on the offensive line for FS and for three years have helped pave the way for the FS offense. Their names don’t make the headlines, but the headlines are impossible without them. Congratulations and good luck in the future to all these seniors. You will be missed.

Also thanks to Coach Doug Preston and the rest of the FS coaching staff. They get the most out of the team every year. When they do lose in the playoffs, which isn’t very often, it’s because they just ran into a better, more talented or more experienced team. They have helped rebuild a championship culture at Franklin-Simpson and I hope they will continue to do so for many years to come.