Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lopsided scores

Featured Replies

I seen where the Powell County Lady Pirates defeated Jackson City 99 to 21. This is terrible. I would stand and hold the ball before I would let a team embarass another one this badly. NOT A CLASSY move by Powell.

too many times kids feel that life and death revolve around winning and losing. Don't get me wrong; I like that aggressive basketball and enjoy winning as much as anyone. But what lesson are we teaching our kids if winning is everything and when one child/team gets humilated? I don't know the answer. I've never coached anyone but my own children. There has to be a fine line there somewhere.

I have been on the top and the bottom of some pretty big blowouts and there were a lot that could be prevented. I believe a coach can only do so much. The coach can sub and call off the press but I believe that is about it. I don't believe at any time that a coach should tell his/her players to quit playing hard, playing defense, and taking shots. I know someone is on the losing end but how would a player feel that never got to play and the coach told them not to shoot. Other then subbing, pressing, and scheduling (when possible) the coach shouldn't do anything else IMO.

Powell probably doesn't really care what you think, Augger. If you had been at the game, you would have seen subs play 3 quarters and a zone defense with no fast break.

too many times kids feel that life and death revolve around winning and losing. Don't get me wrong; I like that aggressive basketball and enjoy winning as much as anyone. But what lesson are we teaching our kids if winning is everything and when one child/team gets humilated? I don't know the answer. I've never coached anyone but my own children. There has to be a fine line there somewhere.

 

 

I totally agree with you. I have coached and have been on both ends of the stick. I can proudly say that I never, I repeat never let my players run the score up. You can, as a coach, back the ball out and not humiliate the opposite team (of children). Anyone that does that does not deserve to be a coach.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.