Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 10 Players in NKY

Featured Replies

I know we've had discussions on the top players in Region 8, Region 9, and Region 10. But from a spectator perspective across NKY, who do you have in your 10 top players to watch? This would include all players in the 9th, plus the 32nd District from the 8th (SK, Walton Verona, Grant Co, and Williamstown), and the 37th District from the 10th (Campbell Co, Scott, Brossart, Calvary Christian).

 

I'd love to see more people noticing the quality of basketball on the girls' side here in NKY.

 

Here's how I see it:

1) Maddie Scherr - Senior G, Ryle

2) Mya Mereditch - Junior G, Scott

3) Bri Crittenden - Junior G, Ryle

4) Maggi Jones - Senior G, Simon Kenton

5) Sofia Allen - Junior F, Scott

6) Mallory Holbrook - Senior G, Campbell Co

7) Sydney Lockard - Junior PG, Dixie

8) Piper Macke - Senior G, Highlands

9) Morgan Stamper - Senior G, Simon Kenton

10) Marie Keifer - Senior C, Bishop Brossart

 

Honorable Mentions (no particular order)

Jaiden Douthit - G, Ryle

Abby Holtman - G, Ryle

Kelsie Anderson - G, Boone Co

Emma Strunk - F, Walton Verona

Emma Gutman - F, Walton Verona

Abby Mahan - G, Ludlow

Johnessah Barbiea - G, Dayton

Jayln Jackson - G, Campbell Co

Laci Reinhart - G, Dixie

Madelyn Lawson - F, Dixie

Ava Coleman - G, Scott

Abby West - G, Grant Co

Karlee Menefee - F, Grant Co

Sereniti Webb - C, Simon Kenton

Kady Schawe - PG, Simon Kenton

Jayla LaBordeaux - F, Lloyd

Maddie Drummonds - C, Conner

Jade Simpson - F, Holy Cross

Whitney Lind - F, Cooper

Lacey Bradshaw - G, NDA

Macie Feldmann - G, NDA

Like the list. Would definitely add Vickers F, Simon Kenton and Neeley G, Walton Verona to the “Honorable Mention” list.

Like the list but Marie Kiefer from Brossart is only a junior.

Like the list. But Keifer from Brossart is only a junior.

  • Author
Like the list. But Keifer from Brossart is only a junior.

 

Wow, thanks! Can't believe I missed that!

  • Author
No mention of O’Hara from Highlands? Being told she is Division 1 talent.

 

That's fair. O'Hara is a very nice talent. I don't know if she's D1 talent, but I should have had her in there.

Your top 4 are good but after that the list seems suspect.

 

Scherr

Meredith

Crittenden

Jones

 

Marie Keifer Bishop Brossart

Madeline Lawson Dixie

Abby West Grant County

Mattison Vickers SK

Macie Feldman NDA

Sereniti Webb SK

  • Author
Your top 4 are good but after that the list seems suspect.

 

Scherr

Meredith

Crittenden

Jones

 

Marie Keifer Bishop Brossart

Madeline Lawson Dixie

Abby West Grant County

Mattison Vickers SK

Macie Feldman NDA

Sereniti Webb SK

 

Thanks for the feedback. But I think I've found someone who I definitely disagree with here.

 

First off, Keifer is a great player in a particular system. She's my top "pure post player" in NKY. But without shooters around her, she's not a major offensive force. Sure, she's a defensive nightmare. But to be a top five player, you can't be dependent on the talent level of the shooters and ball handlers around you.

 

Lawson could very well end up top 3-4 in NKY. I'll give you that. But recovering from an ACL is by no means a full guarantee. If she fully recovers and becomes the player we all project and expect her to be, I'll be as happy as the next person. But for the time being, she has a serious recovery ahead of her that the others on this list don't.

 

Abby West, again, can play. She's no scrub AT ALL. But until she performs high on a Regional level, I think it's fair to pump the breaks a bit.

 

Vickers... perhaps you've seen her more in person than I have. Would you rate her over Morgan Stamper from SK? I would suggest than most people would not.

 

Feldman very well might be the player I've seen the least this Summer. She might surprise me, and if she does, I'll concede. But for the time being, I'd definitely take Lockard or Macke over her.

 

Serenti Webb averaged 6ppg and 5rpg per game last year. I know she's high on several college's lists and I FULLY expect she'll round out into on of the best players in NKY. But forgive me if I don't have a 6 & 5 player in my top 10 just yet.

 

But again, I say with no sarcasm, I do appreciate the feedback. I'd just suggest that your 6-10 seem more on potential and upside, than proven accomplishments.

Edited by BasketballNeverRests

I would agree with your top ten except for Macke. She averaged 9ppg. And for Kady Schawe for honorable mention? She averaged 1.5ppg. I do think Vickers and O hara no doubt should be on this list.

  • Author
I would agree with your top ten except for Macke. She averaged 9ppg. And for Kady Schawe for honorable mention? She averaged 1.5ppg. I do think Vickers and O hara no doubt should be on this list.

 

That's fair. I guess in full honesty I put Kady Schawe and Piper Macke on there based on what I saw this summer from the Cincy Royals and Ky Storm. I think Vickers and O'Hara were misses on my part.

Vickers over Schawe most definitely. I honestly thought you meant to have Vickers in that spot.

 

O'Hara is one I missed. Great player. Definitely needs to be on the list. Not sure she’s a definite D1 talent but will get her education paid for somewhere no doubt.

  • Author
Vickers over Schawe most definitely. I honestly thought you meant to have Vickers in that spot.

 

O'Hara is one I missed. Great player. Definitely needs to be on the list. Not sure she’s a definite D1 talent but will get her education paid for somewhere no doubt.

 

Once more the record... I missed on O'Hara and Vickers :) My bad.

Thanks for the feedback. But I think I've found someone who I definitely disagree with here.

 

First off, Keifer is a great player in a particular system. She's my top "pure post player" in NKY. But without shooters around her, she's not a major offensive force. Sure, she's a defensive nightmare. But to be a top five player, you can't be dependent on the talent level of the shooters and ball handlers around you.

 

Lawson could very well end up top 3-4 in NKY. I'll give you that. But recovering from an ACL is by no means a full guarantee. If she fully recovers and becomes the player we all project and expect her to be, I'll be as happy as the next person. But for the time being, she has a serious recovery ahead of her that the others on this list don't.

 

Abby West, again, can play. She's no scrub AT ALL. But until she performs high on a Regional level, I think it's fair to pump the breaks a bit.

 

Vickers... perhaps you've seen her more in person than I have. Would you rate her over Morgan Stamper from SK? I would suggest than most people would not.

 

Feldman very well might be the player I've seen the least this Summer. She might surprise me, and if she does, I'll concede. But for the time being, I'd definitely take Lockard or Macke over her.

 

Serenti Webb averaged 6ppg and 5rpg per game last year. I know she's high on several college's lists and I FULLY expect she'll round out into on of the best players in NKY. But forgive me if I don't have a 6 & 5 player in my top 10 just yet.

 

But again, I say with no sarcasm, I do appreciate the feedback. I'd just suggest that your 6-10 seem more on potential and upside, than proven accomplishments.

 

Lots of info here.

 

Keifer. You can’t argue Keifer to a low ranking using an argument that works just as well on players like Holbrook or Lockard. Great guards that can shoot that mostly rely on bigger players to make them good. Keifer will unquestionably end up at a D1 school which the other girls will not. Macke and Holbrook probably won’t even play college ball. Keifers outside shooting is improving too.

 

In my opinion Abby West is just a better all-around player than Holbrook and Macke. They are all very similar and what they can do. But having watched all of them in the summer as well I would take Abby West first. You have to concede that they are at least close, if you’ve watched all three of them play much.

 

As far as Vickers, she is going to a top college D3 program. (Moving to NAIA I think?). And to use the same argument you used against Keifer I would argue that Vickers is a much better all-around player than Stamper. Stamper can bully you inside but after that there’s not much else.

 

In my opinion Feldman is better than Macke, Lockard and Holbrook. I think once you see her play you will agree pretty quickly. She had an outstanding summer playing for a very high level team.

 

Lastly I think Lawson is top 5/6 player in NKY. I did not take her ACL into account. I just ranked according to my opinion of best players.

 

The 10th spot is harder, I do agree that Allen is right there in the running for top 10. I’d have to say Allen, Webb or maybe Macke for my 10th spot.

  • Author
Lots of info here.

 

Keifer. You can’t argue Keifer to a low ranking using an argument that works just as well on players like Holbrook or Lockard. Great guards that can shoot that mostly rely on bigger players to make them good. Keifer will unquestionably end up at a D1 school which the other girls will not. Macke and Holbrook probably won’t even play college ball. Keifers outside shooting is improving too.

 

In my opinion Abby West is just a better all-around player than Holbrook and Macke. They are all very similar and what they can do. But having watched all of them in the summer as well I would take Abby West first. You have to concede that they are at least close, if you’ve watched all three of them play much.

 

As far as Vickers, she is going to a top college D3 program. (Moving to NAIA I think?). And to use the same argument you used against Keifer I would argue that Vickers is a much better all-around player than Stamper. Stamper can bully you inside but after that there’s not much else.

 

In my opinion Feldman is better than Macke, Lockard and Holbrook. I think once you see her play you will agree pretty quickly. She had an outstanding summer playing for a very high level team.

 

Lastly I think Lawson is top 5/6 player in NKY. I did not take her ACL into account. I just ranked according to my opinion of best players.

 

The 10th spot is harder, I do agree that Allen is right there in the running for top 10. I’d have to say Allen, Webb or maybe Macke for my 10th spot.

 

I see your points. And one of the best things about HS sports conversations is the freedom to agree to disagree while still having interesting perspectives! Just a couple final thoughts...

 

Keifer - I definitely get your point with her. I think my knock on her is a personal preference of what priority positions are. Several people argue with me when I say I truly think she's the best pure post player in NKY. But very rarely do you see a post player win big games for you. I would almost always take a great guard over a great post. But that may just be a preference.

 

West is very very good. And sure I wouldn't put much of a gap between her and Holbrook and Lockard. I've just personally seen Holbrook and Lockard with more options in their game than I've seen with West. I haven't seen West as nearly as good of a distributor than Lockard and I haven't seen West shoot like Holbrook.

 

Vickers - I'll concede fully here. I haven't seen her play a ton and you may be completely right.

 

Feldman may surprise me. I know a lot of people are high on her.

 

Lawson very very well could end up top 5. I just need to see her healthy and building off of last year before I can say that.

 

I've seen a lot of Sofia Allen. I just don't see how she wouldn't be in the top 10. Maybe 5 is a bit high. But she's not lower than 10.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.