Ninth Region results

Fan1234

It is sad it is difficult to find any soccer results or reports. Where do people go for their info?

Results for 9th district from KHSAA results board:

First Round:

Newport Central 2 v Conner 1 in shootout

Holy Cross 1 v St Henry 0

CCH 2 v Dixie 0

Highlands 5 v Ryle 0

Thursdays Game Schedule (at Dixie HS):

5:30 Highlands v Holy Cross

7:30 CCH v NCC

Finals scheduled for 7:30 pm Saturday at Dixie

Seems like a high likelihood of Highlands and CovCath on Saturday night at Dixie, which will be fun the day after the football game in Fort Thomas.

I'd love to know more about the Conner / NewCath game, that is the only surprising result for me in the first round. Did Conner get caught looking ahead in that one?

The Conner men definitely came out a little flat in the first half, playing very defensively. The NCC goal that was scored appeared to be a handball right in front of the goal and the Conner players stopped playing, waiting for the ref to make the call, but he didn't. Both sides last night seemed to be unhappy with the referee calls, or lack there of. The NCC goalie was solid against the PK's, blocking 2. Great ride for the Conner Cougars. 3 of their players were named to the 1st Team All Region, Colin Noble, Logan Drew, and Dekkar Haaser.

Not a surprise to me. NewCath is led by a solid core of 7 seniors who really stepped up last night and fought hard. The NewCath defense looked great all night and the junior goalie had a great performance especially when the game went to PK's. The goal scored by Louis in the early minutes of the game seemed to really get the momentum going towards the Breds and it stayed like that for most of the night. Well played game by both sides.

I agree that it would be great to have a CCH/Highlands final after the football game the night before but neither of those teams should look past tomorrow night. Each of the remaining teams have a legitimate shot. HC has already beaten CCH in the Districts and NCC just beat a very good Connor team. Should be an interesting few days of soccer. Glad to have some discussion to read.

The difference in physicality and builds between Highlands and Holy Cross is interesting to me. The Birds have a bunch of big, strong, kids who want to use their shoulders a lot. Holy Cross doesn't have the same level of physical development, so how the center choose to officiate the game could become a factor.

Having said all of that, if Highlands doesn't win 3-0 or something like that, I will be really surprised.

CCH 2 New Cath 0

Good game. NCC outplayed CCH the first half. CCH got the better of the second half. Neat to see a bunch of the players from both teams get together to take a picture after the game. They all played together at some time or another on a club team and the friendships have endured. Great sportsmanship and show of great character by the NCC players to participate after not winning. Congrats to them.

Good luck to the Colonels against Highlands Saturday.