Ashland football banquet

Trimmer308

Ashland football banquet,

Although I don’t have a son on the team this year I went to the banquet as a member of the press, I don’t usually cover high school sports, I find I only have time to watch two teams all year, Ashland Football, and UK basketball.

I felt compelled to say something about the Ashland football program, I can’t say enough about how much effort is poured into the program from so many people that I wouldn’t even try to list them.

Coach Hart is a complete class act, when I seen this guy take a running slide in the mud face down just like the kids, I knew this guy truly bonded with his players, he may be all business when he needs to be, I could tell they were something special about this guy.

Old Dickey said this guy is going to get us to a state championship before to much longer

And I tell ya, I don’t always agree with Dickey but he is right about Coach Hart..

I hate to name all the coaches because I’m sure I leave out someone so I’m not going to try, some of the guys that work in the back ground make a real difference but I will say that coach Bentine, Love, Hale, Dowdy seem to share the love for this program and it shows.

Till next season I wish them all the best and I’m looking forward to next year.

Thanks guys for all your work and all the extra hours that you pour into making these young men real football players

Trimmer:thumb:

Although I don’t have a son on the team this year I went to the banquet as a member of the press, I don’t usually cover high school sports, I find I only have time to watch two teams all year, Ashland Football, and UK basketball.

I felt compelled to say something about the Ashland football program, I can’t say enough about how much effort is poured into the program from so many people that I wouldn’t even try to list them.

Coach Hart is a complete class act, when I seen this guy take a running slide in the mud face down just like the kids, I knew this guy truly bonded with his players, he may be all business when he needs to be, I could tell they were something special about this guy.

Old Dickey said this guy is going to get us to a state championship before to much longer

And I tell ya, I don’t always agree with Dickey but he is right about Coach Hart..

I hate to name all the coaches because I’m sure I leave out someone so I’m not going to try, some of the guys that work in the back ground make a real difference but I will say that coach Bentine, Love, Hale, Dowdy seem to share the love for this program and it shows.

Thanks guys for all your work and all the extra hours that you pour into making these young men real football players

Great post!! I'll have to say your dead on about those comments.. Swift made a good decision bringing in Hart.

Great post:thumb: The Ashland community is very fortunate to have Coach Hart lead the Tomcat football program and I hope he stays there for a long time. As you have stated he makes these young men real football players but the thing I noticed most is that he makes these young football players, real men!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

I remember that day. That was one of the most fun times I have ever had. And seeing T-Love and Coach Hart mudslide was worth more than any money anyone could give...

Great post:thumb: The Ashland community is very fortunate to have Coach Hart lead the Tomcat football program and I hope he stays there for a long time. As you have stated he makes these young men real football players but the thing I noticed most is that he makes these young football players, real men!!!!!!

Well stated cville.

Great job, Ashland coaching staff and players.

As an Ashland man and past coach the Ashland football team is wonderful. There is nothing quite like putnam stadium and all that is involved. You couldnt ask for a bettter community and minus being for the Rams when they play I am always a Tomcat at heart. My entire family feels that way. Good luck on great up and coming season.