Gatlin, banned from track, works out for Texans

What is every one's thoughts, on the following....Gatlin was banned from T&O, as a result of taken banned substances but is given an opportunity to participate, in another professional sport?

I believe in second chances but wanted to see what others thoughts are....Anyone

What is every one's thoughts, on the following....Gatlin was banned from T&O, as a result of taken banned substances but is given an opportunity to participate, in another professional sport?

I believe in second chances but wanted to see what others thoughts are....Anyone

As long as he's clean coming in, and remains clean, I don't have a problem with it.

And did I hear correctly on Sportscenter last night that Gatlin runs a 3.8 40 yard dash? :eek:

If he is tested when he comes into the league and he is clean then why not?
Understand your point but I'll pose the question, in this manner....

Here is an athlete, who was found to have taken banned substances. Is there a likelihood, he could again and is this a case, where professional athletes get second chances, when perhaps not deserving?

As long as he's clean coming in, and remains clean, I don't have a problem with it.

And did I hear correctly on Sportscenter last night that Gatlin runs a 3.8 40 yard dash? :eek:

Did they shoot him out of a cannon when testing it. I have never even heard of an NFL player running it in 4.0.:scared:

Understand your point but I'll pose the question, in this manner....

Here is an athlete, who was found to have taken banned substances. Is there a likelihood, he could again and is this a case, where professional athletes get second chances, when perhaps not deserving?

You get 3 chances in Baseball. I see no reason to not let him try it out if he comes in clean and remains clean. But if he gets caught again in the NFL, then what is his punishment??

You get 3 chances in Baseball. I see no reason to not let him try it out if he comes in clean and remains clean. But if he gets caught again in the NFL, then what is his punishment??
Excellent point and I don't anyone to think I'm against this choice, just food for thought.

The NFL is taking a chance on this but I say Let him play until he gets caught & then again he might not get caught because he might not take banned substances any more or he might be able to hide it good like a lot of other players in the NFL....(Although he couldnt hide it in T&F)