Girls OVC Large School Tournament Oct. 5-10

16thBBall Fan

Our OVC girls middle school tournaments tips off this morning at Boyd Co. (large) and West Carter (Small).

7th Grade:

#1 seed west-Mason Co. vs #4 seed east-Louisa Middle

#2 seed east-Boyd Co. vs #3 seed west- Simons Middle

#1 seed east-Ashland vs. #4 seed west-Rowan Co.

#2 seed west-East Carter vs #3 seed east-Russell

8th Grade:

#1 seed west-Mason Co. vs #4 seed east-Louisa Middle

#2 seed east-Ashland vs #3 seed west-Rowan Co.

#1 seed east-Russell vs #4 seed west-East Carter

#2 seed west-Simons vs.#3 seed east-Boyd Co.

7th grade semis-Oct. 7

8th grade semis-Oct. 8

Finals for both- Oct. 10

7th grade winners were: Ashland over East Carter and Boyd Co. upset #1 seed Mason Co.

Ashland will take on Boyd Co. In the championship on Thursday.

In the 8th grade the winners last night were: Ashland defeated Mason Co. and Russell defeated Boyd Co.

Russell and Ashland will play for the large school championship on Thursday filling the 7th grade final.

Hannah Sanders

Shaelyn Steele

Bella Quinn

These were the players selected by the coaches for all-conference selections this year.

Shaelyn Steele is a heck of a player. I saw her on varsity as the point guard last year. I'm assuming Hannah is Lakie Sanders sister? Thanks for the information. I look forward to seeing if Sanders and Quinn get any Varsity time. I know Steele should start Varsity again this year.

Shaelyn Steele is a heck of a player. I saw her on varsity as the point guard last year. I'm assuming Hannah is Lakie Sanders sister? Thanks for the information. I look forward to seeing if Sanders and Quinn get any Varsity time. I know Steele should start Varsity again this year.

I know on the scores I got for the league they never lost to anyone on the 8th grade level.