Covington Catholic 66 Paul Dunbar 58

Sloppy game, the young Colonels looked a bit timid on the court but came away with a W.

Grimes had 16 pts and 9 rbs, TJ had 15 pts and 5 assists, Noll had 11 pts and 10 rbs. Every Colonel that played had a rebound.

CCH's problems in the game were turnovers and poor three point shooting.

You had to have a program, or have watched the JV a lot last year, to have recognized the CovCath players, with Brown and Brovard still playing football and Schult out with an injury, but play they did, in beating a rather good Paul Dunbar team 66-58. The CovCath Crazies with the Football team in the middle of them, did a great job with an less than full house watching both teams first game of the year. I didn't see any stats for the game, but my guess is that TJ did score much more that 10/12 points as he got into foul trouble. The juniors and sophomores impressed me, but the Colonels will need Brovard, and Brown leadership but even thought they won tonight they really missed Billy. The Colonels will score and play tough "D", but they need Billy on the boards with his heart and soul on the floor to win the big games... These early games IMHO, without Kurt, Brandon and Billy, will help the Colonels win more games later in the season..... Good first game of the seaspm.

BTW, Friday December 1st game against Lexington Lafayette at Lexington has been rescheduled for Saturday December 2 at 4:30pm. Thanks Lafayette for understanding!

Now back to football

"With a spirit, that will not die"

The younger guys stepping up definately impressed me and many of the other CovCath fans. There were a couple times in the game when CovCath had three juniors and two sophomores on the floor and they matched Dunbar step for step. If CovCath can pull off an impressive win with only one senior playing that gives a lot of hope for when all four seniors are back.

Noll delivers for Colonels

CovCath 66, Dunbar 58

BY MATT MULCAHEY | ENQUIRER CONTRIBUTOR

When senior center Billy Schult was injured Friday during a Covington Catholic scrimmage, junior Aaron Noll was thrust into his first varsity start.

"There's an old saying that success is where preparation meets opportunity," CovCath coach Mike Listerman said. "I told (Noll), 'You've been preparing, here's your opportunity.' "

Noll made the most of it.

To read the rest of the story, click on the link at the top..