Playing for a purpose game.

Deep state

It is that time of the year again. The annual "Playing For A Purpose" game is on Friday night. Most importantly the event is held each year to promote awareness and to raise funds for breast cancer research and awareness. Notre Dame Academy takes on Saint Henry District High School. The "Event" and or social gathering eventually gets down to a volleyball game. In terms of volleyball, I think Notre Dame has too many weapons to be stopped. I like Notre Dame Academy in this one in relatively easy fashion. What are others take on this game/event/social gathering/good time?

After having seen most of the top teams in NKY (not all, but most), I agree with you. NDA has too many arms and crazy good ball control. I think St Henry is just too young to run with NDA this year. That being said, records go out the window in this match. I think NDA wins in 3 very close sets. Entirely possible SH sneaks one away from NDA, but in the end the fast offense with too many big arms wins out.

NDA won in 4 sets. St. Henry won the 1st set, NDA rolled in the 2nd, NDA came from behind in the 3rd set to win something like 25-22 I was told, and then won the 4th. Expect these two to play again as usual in the Regional Finals (hopefully if the brackets align that way).

I have my moments, just like a broken clock!

Jokes aside, what a night! The volleyball itself is always entertaining. But the rest of the night, the atmosphere, the survivors and fighters honored, the students holding up signs with names of their loved ones who have been impacted by breast cancer... if you haven’t seen it in person, it’s tough to explain. Congrats to NDA and St Henry for putting on such an important event and reminding us all that it’s about so much more than the score!