Paducah Tilghman's Jackson Fristoe commits to Mississippi State

TilghmanPride

The 6'4 195 pound class of 2020 right-handed pitcher for the Tornado has decided to head South.

Jackson originally committed to Kentucky after his Freshman season. Some coaching changes were the reason for reversal.

He has tested himself all over the country against some of the nation's best and performed well.

I believe he will have a great career in college and possibly beyond.

*Just as a side note, Jackson was also the #1 ranked quarterback in the class of 2020 in Kentucky after his Freshman season and was nationally ranked at one point*

The 6'4 195 pound class of 2020 right-handed pitcher for the Tornado has decided to head South.

Jackson originally committed to Kentucky after his Freshman season. Some coaching changes were the reason for reversal.

He has tested himself all over the country against some of the nation's best and performed well.

I believe he will have a great career in college and possibly beyond.

*Just as a side note, Jackson was also the #1 ranked quarterback in the class of 2020 in Kentucky after his Freshman season and was nationally ranked at one point*

Did he give up football?

That's a shame. I hope it was because he didn't enjoy it and not to specialize. Love seeing kids play as many sports as they can, you get to be young once!

What a terrific talent nonetheless.

I see it happen far too often as far as specializing in the one sport.

I agree with you 100 percent about playing as many sports as you can. I've seen the argument made both ways, but I still say go for it.

• 3 weeks later...
I see it happen far too often as far as specializing in the one sport.

I agree with you 100 percent about playing as many sports as you can. I've seen the argument made both ways, but I still say go for it.

If he’s got first 5 rounds of MLB draft potential, then there’s way too much $$$ on the line to risk injury playing football. A WHOLE lot more pitchers in MLB than QBs in the NFL and a lot more money to play baseball and it’s much safer. A no-brainer IMO.